Brushing your teeth is an important part of your dental care
routine. For a healthy mouth and smile, you must:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to reach all areas easily.
2. Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
3. Make sure to use a fluoride
The proper brushing technique is to:
1. Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums. 2. Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes. 3. Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
4. To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
To massage your gums (5-8 mins):
Wet your finger with a routinely used toothpaste or a gum paint like Stolin, Bali or HiOra-GA and place it on your gum line. Gently massage your gums with your finger using small circular motions. You can also apply the substance to your gums using a soft toothbrush. Apply two or three times a week.