I have severe digestion issues since my marriage it has been 1 n half years since my marriage in indore and I am not able to adjust digestion wise in this place. Food habits have changed .i have started eating non veg quite often. I have gained 7 to 8 kgs after marriage and also my thyroid levels increased. It was 6.3 tsh.
You are obese as well as hypothyroid, first divide your food portions like 3 major and 3minor feeds with avoiding oily and fatty items. Go for regular walking atleast once a day 45_60mts, relieve the stress by doing some meditation and if possible yoga. If you are on thyroid medication 25 Mcg of thyroxine will help, take on empty stomach in the morning. All the best.
- To keep weight under control restrict the calorie intake of refined carbohydrates like rice, chapati, also nonveg, have one piece a day, have more of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, pulses, sprouts, peas & nuts which are fibre containing foods & provide less calories & keep you full
- chew your food well, have 4-5 small meals including snacks rather than three large meals, have meals on time, do not skip meals,have dinner 2-3 hrs before bedtime, raise the pillow end by 4-6 inches at nighttime for proper digestion
- avoid deep fried, processed & junk food
- have at least 7-8 glasses of water per day
- take an antacid like gelusil if gas & bloating problem is there
- do regular exercise like walking, jogging, yoga & deep breathing to reduce weight, for proper digestion & to keep fit
- take medication to normalise thyroid hormone levels which will improve digestion & also help in controlling weight.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Digestive Disorders treatment