I am having pain in TMJ for last one week and it has not increased much but has not gone down at all. Very painful while eating and on closed mouth could not feel some times and jaw ache so much time. What should be done.

I am having pain in TMJ for last one week and it has not ...
Avoid opening mouth wide hot cold foamentation over tmj a pain killer for few days
Dear lybrate-user. Its good to share your concern about your health. TMJ pain is due to various reasons and is chronic in nature. As your mouth is always in movement, there is no rest. You should get a X ray done for ruling out any other complication. My suggestion is to have proper consultation so that it is controlled in time. If you don't take proper steps to control it, then it will create a long standing complication. Meanwhile, I'll suggest you to do Luke warm water gurgling with salt 3 times a day especially after meals. If it doesn't improve in a week, pls do the above suggestion of consultation.