My father is having severe pain on right side of back and right leg. Its getting unbearable from last 20 days. The MRI reports said Disc Degenerative disease and some said its a nerve pain also. But no relief from painkillers or physiotherapy so far. Please guide the treatment for this.

My father is having severe pain on right side of back and...
hi give him mag phos 30x 4pills 4times daily in warm water. calsivita syrup 1spoonful 3times daily after meals .. i need detailed case history to find out cause and treat accordingly..before that you can start with this homoeopathic medicines..no side effects.
Physiotherapy with proper McKenzie protocol and Manual therapy for trigger points can surely help. Also changes and awareness or posture along with specialized strengthening of selective muscles can prevent further disc prolapse. If you need customized plan let me know. Ice packs on painful areas 3 times for 15 mins each can help too.
o Back Stretching. o Do the cat/cow stretch. o Core Strengthening Exercises • Quadriceps strengthening exercises- • Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day