Hi Mrs/Mr. I am in love with a person since 6 yrs. I finished PG from a prestigious University bt during my BSc, parents got known about my love, they opposed my love but not my freedom and education what else nothing is changed in my life. By their support now I want to do Phd r get scored in entrance exams to get settle. Bt the fact is after 2 yrs, I approached my Boyfriend this january thought to be a friend bt it was not happen. Our relationship is started, in beginning he promised me that he will marry me only in acceptance of family. Bt now he forcing me to participate in intercourse with him. His thought is once sex is completes then I will marry him even my parents will not agree. Saying that he will continue the relation only if I accept it. Bt I do not want to misuse freedom given by parents. I do not want my parents to disrespect by society. Bt he refused and said that if I accept intercourse with him then only he will approach my family to discuss about our love. What should I do now. My family is thinking that I left him. I am not concentrating on my preparation. Pls suggest me.

Dear Lybrate User, You should leave that person who is forcing you to have intercourse. In intercourse force is equal to rape. He wants to blackmail you afterwards. Love doesn't comes with pre conditions. When done regularly twice a day, this exercise gradually alleviates the anxiety and is a sure shot method to relieve anxiety. But should be done religiously. Make a self rating scale of 0 to 10 where 0 = absence of anxiety, 10 = highest level of anxiety experienced. Each time you set yourself to do this exercise - note your anxiety level on 0 to 10 scale in a copy. Do the rating before exercise and after the exercise. Twice daily.