I am suffering from insomnia for like past few months and I can't sleep. I asked a doctor for sleeping pills but he denied and I am trying h really hard to sleep but can't.i have a personality psychological disorder which was diagnosed few months ago and I was prescribed medicine and I quit it due to pressure from my parents. So what to do now? Am very confused.

I am suffering from insomnia for like past few months and...
Hi, I can understand your problem, as you take help from psychiatrist or clinical psychologist please go head with the treatment as they are helping you to come out of this, if you stop taking medicine as your parent say not to take so they need to be counseled by a clinical psychologist as they need to know about your problem and clinical psychologist will make your parent to understand the things which was going throw in there mind to be cleared psychologist will give you therapy for (Cognitive & Behavioral) Treatments for Insomnia. There are psychological and behavioral techniques that can be helpful for treating insomnia. Relaxation training, stimulus control, sleep restriction, and cognitive behavioral therapy are some treatment with the medication you will be fine soon. But as you have to take Initiatives.
Please change your lifestyle Taking all these medicines long time will cause havoc. It has got lot of serious side effects and is addictive. Sleep is easy to get provided you follow a sleep hygiene. You have not told what you do are you a student or working anywhere What is the stress level at study / work and home what are your daily eating habits do you smoke / drink alcohol -Veg /Non Veg water type you use at home how many cups of coffee / tea daily and what is the time you take how do you socialize and relax your exercise your friends what investigations have you done till now and their results without knowing these things it is difficult to give advice. Take a consult for specific advice on how to sleep naturally without medicines.