I usually works on laptop 10-12 hrs a day. Due to which I am suffering from neck pain or tiredness in neck. I am facing this problem each and everyday. So, please provide me with some solution to it. Thanks in advance.
work is important but health is even more. No medicine will work unless you take frequent breaks off computer. Apart from break do isometric neck exercises to strengthen your neck muscles.
You are suffering from cervical spondylitis due to postural disorder need to consult a physiotherapist, first.
Go for meditation to reduce your stress to ease your pain.
Tk, homoeopathic medicine @Lachenenthes 200-6 pills, twice.
Avoid, lifting weight, sitting on laptop without table, alcohol & nicotine. Tk care.
- To improve your condition you have to take short breaks every hour or two
- sit on a straight back chair so that your spine is straight, keep the laptop at eye level & try to keep neck straight when sitting
- learn neck exercises & do it 1-2 times a day
- also your pillow & mattress should be firm & support your neck & shoulders when sleeping
- take a pain relief tablet after meals if pain is more
move your neck as frequently as possible when you are operating the laptop
- have a well balanced diet with more of fruits & vegetables, whole grains, protein foods & healthy fats to provide you with energy & you don't feel tired
- also have plenty of oral fluids including 7-8 glasses of water for proper hydration
- sleep well for 7-8 hrs at night & exercise regularly to keep your body fit & agile
- also check your blood hemoglobin, sugar & cholesterol if not done recently, also your BP to rule out any other problem.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Neck Pain treatment