I'm diabetic & hypertensive. I'm presently in USA. Leaving for India in a week. I suffered low Sodium chloride level and taking sodium chloride pills 3 a day. Pls let me know how to manage tablets while flying and after reaching India. Certain medicines in the morning & certain in the night. Whether I can interchange them or maintain the present schedule. Pls advise.

I'm diabetic & hypertensive. I'm presently in USA. Leavin...
Important point in your case is-what is the cause of hyponatremia (low sodium). Try to find out wather you are taking some diuretic medicine for hypertension, if so it should be stopped. If not consult a Nephrologist who will findout the cause of hyponatremia and advise you correctly.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. While flying towards India, (going east words), take your oral antidiabetic tablets just before the food is being served or with it. If you are only on oral anti-diabetics then it is not so difficult. But if on Insulin then scheduling the dose becomes more critical. You may need comparatively a lesser dose (by a few units. Take the injection only when food is being served around, not too early. With oral tablets it is not so difficult. Since flying east words make the day shorter, dosage may have to be adjusted based on food intake. Thanks.