She has been under going RCT treatment for 2-3 days. Treatment would be completed in 3-4 visits. Doctor advised cleaning with RCT. Once it get completed, Cap would be fitted. Please provide your opinion for the treatment is being taken any Cap is necessary after RCT. Doctor asking me pay extra 3000 rs for cab.

She has been under going RCT treatment for 2-3 days. Trea...
Hello lybrate-user, After the RCT most of the tooth structure is lost and it becomes fragile and prone to breakage. The cap is necessary to maintain the integrity of the tooth structure and keeping it strong thereby avoiding any breakage in the future. If the cap is not placed and the tooth breaks, all the treatment done by the doctor to save the tooth goes waste. The cost for cap mentioned is reasonable and I suggest that you go ahead and get the cap placed once the RCT is completed. Thank you.
Hello Root canal treatment relieves the tooth pain by removing the pulp which contains nerves & blood vessels. This tooth is more prone to fracture & is highly brittle crown or cap is absolutely mandatory so that the tooth can withstand sufficient pressure.