I am having neck pain and pain in the back of my head whenever I lower my head. What may the possible reasons.

I am having neck pain and pain in the back of my head whe...
This is cervical pain (neck pain) and that's the reason the pain radiates until the shoulder blades. If you keep ice that would help to reduce the pain and feel relaxed and comfortable. You shall also do hot water fermentation that would improve the blood circulation to the painful area and thereby the pain would be reduced. You shall use cervical collar which would help you to reduce the radiating pain and also that would improve the cervical angle and improve the anatomical posture. The pain actually triggers due to nerve compression and that would definitely improve by wearing a cervical collar. This is due to the improper posture as while sitting in front of the computer it leads to neck pain and thereby it leads to shoulder pain. We suggest neck mobilization exercises that would reduce the stress falling on the shoulder. We also suggest patients to do shoulder mobilization exercises ie. General shoulder movements/neck movements which will help you to improve the blood circulation.