I have undergone a STARR surgery for internal rectal prolapse problem just 5 months ago. until 40 days everything was good (though prolapse symptoms were as it is before) I was recovering well after surgery .But I felt that my rectum had become narrow, from the staple line since I could feel the stools being stuck at stapl line. When I put even a little pressure to puah that out it starts paining & then inflammation, swelling for next 3 days to 1 week. Before surgery I never had to take Stool softeners regularly but If now I do not take Isabgol for even one night then stools are very hard & it seems rectum has been scratched then again starts pain, inflammation, swelling in anus area & inside Before surgery I use to eat chillies in food but now I can not tolerate even small amounts of chilly. It feels like burning sensation on staple line till 7-8 hrs I talked to my doctor but he said not to worry. But I be ok for 3-4 days then again this happens 3-7 days. Plzzz help what to do?

Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. I have gone through the details given and understand your concern. However, the problem described can only be helped by the surgeon who has attended. Probably stool softeners will have to be continued. Thanks.