Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 26 years unmarried girl. I have PCOD problem since past 2 yrs. Sound 1 Yr back my menses was irregular but now it's fine. Since last 2 months I have feeling pain in pelvis area. It gets worse during menses and it stays for 4 or 5 days after menses cycle. I gained lot of weight since 1 Yr. Now I am 66 kg and my height is 5.4 inch. What's is the treatment for PCOD. Please suggest.

1 Doctor Answered
I am 26 years unmarried girl. I have PCOD problem since p...
Hello! 1. Weight reduction to the tune of 5 to10% of your weight is treatment number 1. 2. Dietary modification and lifestyle modification are second treatment. Try exercising for atleast 3 hours in a week. Limit high carbohydrate foods like rice, potatoes and eats lots of grains and pulses. Some people may need sugar modifying agents or hormones according to their symptoms.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.