Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have been given antabuse (disulfiram) without my knowledge. I am not a regular drinker of alcohol by a social drinker. I need to put out the effects caused by the antabuse while taking my drink. Please help me.

1 Doctor Answered
No you can't nullify the effects of antabuse. You should go back to the doctor who prescribed this medication and ask why you were not informed: it is absolutely necessary that you know and so does your spouse or family. The reaction can be dangerous if you indulged in any form of drinking. I am quite sure that you would not have been prescribed this medication without there being quite some indulgence in alcohol.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.