I met with an accident on 7th august. Mt xray report was saying minimal displaced medial tibial plateau. The gave me slab and said rest for 6 weeks with a lot of medicine. After my cast removed I am on PT. Things were improving but today I saw below my knee when I putted pressure with my hand it was little bit coming in and out. Dr. said we will have to take your MRI and CT Scan. He also said your ligament is broken we will have to operate your knee. I am really confused after two months they are saying this. Can someone help please.

I met with an accident on 7th august. Mt xray report was ...
Yes its possible to be associated ligament tear with medial tibial plateau fracture. MRI is taken to find out ligament injury. When a ligament (ACL or PCL) is completely torn or stretched beyond its limits, the only option is reconstructive knee surgery. Person who has knee pain or severe instability may choose to have it. But if the pain is not a problem, you may choose to skip the surgery and accept the risk of some lifelong instability in your leg. You may also opt for a custom-made brace.