I'm planning to undergo laser surgery for both eyes, as the sight deficiency of right eye is -6 and that of left eye is -0.5. I want to know whether is it possible for me to undergo surgery for both eyes at same time or should there be time gap between individual eye surgeries?

I'm planning to undergo laser surgery for both eyes, as t...
It is ideal to have a time gap between two surgeries . Or you can do as your doctor says based on your condition
LASIK is refractive surgery to correct myopia ,hypermetropia & astigmatism, refractive surgery also include intraocular ocular lens procedure. For LASIK your eyes must be healthy, if you have persistent dry eyes, LASIK surgery may aggravate this condition resulting in burning sensation & blurring of vision after LASIK.   For LASIK cornea must  have sufficient thickness because in reshaping of cornea, you loose the thickness of cornea & if your cornea is too thin ,you are not  fit case for LASIK.  1D of myopic correction consumes 35 micron of cornea, Average thickness of cornea in Indian is around from 450 micron to 500 micron &after lasik there should be around 300 micron thickness of cornea  for safety of eyes in future.  Pupils are usually large in myopic people &who undergo lasik or smile lasik resulting  in side effects such as  halos, glares especially when driving at night.  Lasik for treatment of high refractive errors are less predictable because very high amount of myopia could require removal of too much corneal tissue putting cornea at high risk of vision complications.     Lasik should not be undertaken before 21 years in male&19 years in female because myopic power increases by that age. You must have stable vision before LASIK.  There is no upper age limit but one should keep in mind that once you are 40 years old, you may still need reading glass due to presbyopia changing every two years till you develop cataract in old age.    Contraindication for lasik-degenerative  disease, sjogren syndrome, type one  diabetes etc.  People who are taking immuno suppressant must think ten times before undergoing for LASIK.   One must go for LASIK screening before taking decision for LASIK.  One who  undergoes  for LASIK  should be fully aware of potential lasik complications & should not hide anything from operating surgeon about health. diabetes