I am 65 years and have healthy teeth but 5 months back I had one wisdom tooth extracted from lower jaw. There after I am feeling sensation in two front teeth of same jaw while yawning or wide opening of mouth. For the last two months I have seen discoloration in one of the affected tooth. The job was done from highly qualified Doctor in Chandigarh. Please let me know what could be the reason and remedy .My doctor says rct will be done. But why, it is healthy teeth with no cavity in its neighbour hood or in teeth away from this. Charges wise my doctor:---if a qualified BDS charges INR200/ he will do the same job for INR1000/ but still I wanted professional work. Please Reply.

I am 65 years and have healthy teeth but 5 months back I ...
Qualification doesn't guarantee you skilled and knowledgeable person, his/ her experience do but that too depends on complexity of situation. It's more or less like the one who has earned his/her degree and the one who has simply paid and bought it. Also its not in your control. Coming to your present problem, there are two things which relate to your problem. The tooth in question is non vital now due to past trauma (accidental fall, hit in that are etc.) or unknowingly luxating the tooth while doing 3rd molar extraction. Since it has been 5 months of extraction and you are observing that discoloration since 2 months, its relating more towards dentist's negligence. But still its just a theory and no one can prove it. Also, no one does it knowingly to fetch more money in future. The tooth has to undergo RCT if it has to be saved. Specialists charges will be more so you have to bear that. Hope it will satisfy your query. THANK YOU.
Hello Lybrate user, I would not comment on charges because I believe charges entirely depends on doctor and his or her skills and the quality of treatment provided. About your case, wisdom teeth surgery are a little complicated than normal tooth extraction, and it involves removal a small amount of bone. So even after months of surgery you would not feel exactly same like it was previously because you have lost a tooth along with some part of bone. If you have difficulty in opening your mouth a muscle relaxant will help. Also you can chew gums and practice opening your mouth slowly. It is commonly seen that the tooth next to wisdom tooth i.e the second molar are cavitated in cases with partially erupted or tilted wisdom teeth. RCT is done mostly in cases with very deep cavity. If you are sure the tooth is healthy ask your dentist to take an xray of that tooth. Hope this helps.
There might be a problem in the TMJ (MOUTH OPENING JOINT) BUT THE SENSATION IS ONLY DURING YAWNING OR WIDE OPENING, OTHERWISE THERE IS NO SENSATION, ALSO THE DISCOLORATION IS LIKE WHAT? ONLY A PORTION IS DISCOLORED OR THE WHOLE TOOTH HAS TURNED GRAYISH OR BROWNISH. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DENTIST AND TRUST HIM/HER. THE BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION CAN BE PROVIDED BY YOUR DENTIST ONLY BECAUSE HE/SHE HAS EXAMINED YOU PERSONALLY, WE CAN MERELY GUESS BY THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED.