Hi I recently gave birth to a baby girl just 8 days old. My question and worry about is anesthesia given to me during Cesarean and side affects. That day as human mistake I unknowingly had a sip of water before anesthesia or antibiotics were given .so said the said to doctor they gave ondem injection and one gastric before anesthesia was given and later due to a bad or untrained nurse I was given an antibiotic on third day as usual on wrist which she injected forcefully into the nerve through a pipe. It pained like hell. I almost screamed to peaks. The antibiotic did not go into the nerve. It blocked and swelled the wrist. It took three days to reduce the swelling on its own. My right head side full sweating. Due to humidity. And it's cold entire face on right. And even on eight side neck. My legs started swelling .I don't think it's water that caused swelling. Can you say why these many changes in this Cesarean.

Hi I recently gave birth to a baby girl just 8 days old. ...
lybrate-user just relax nothing to worry. There is no problem of water you took if you were given injection in the back (spinal anaesthesia) problem could have come if general anaesthesia was required. Now since it's 8 days post caesarean. Nothing to worry. The pain you had could be due to blocked vein which sometimes open with pain or some antibiotics are painful to inject. Don't think of worst that could happen rather feel good that you are are ok & safe.