I have not got stitches during my wisdom teeth removal surgery. Is it compulsory to get stitches or it is fine?

I have not got stitches during my wisdom teeth removal su...
We always give stitches to ensure faster healing and smooth recovery.
In most of the cases it is mandatory.
Stitches are placed only if the wisdom tooth is buried under the bone or under your gums since it involves a minor open surgical procedure. If your wisdom tooth is completely seen it is not mandatory to put a stitches and it heals by itself as of your other teeth removal. Medications should be taken appropriately as prescribed.
To put stitches or not is surgeons decision depending on wound size. It is not a compulsory step. The wound can heal without stitches too.
Its not compulsory.