When I drink Cold water or eat ice cream it hurts in my molar teeth. Tooth senstivity is there. Kindly suggest some medicine or preventive measure.

When I drink Cold water or eat ice cream it hurts in my m...
Hello Lybrate user, you need to visit a dentist nearby to get your molar tooth examined, as the sensitivity might be due to initial caries or fractured enamel which needs to be treated in clinic. Till then you can use any desensitizing toothpaste available over the counter. Use soft / ultra soft bristle toothbrush and floss regularly. Rinse your mouth well after every meals and snacks.
Consult a dentist rule out a cavity if there get it filled you may require rct and cap.
Dear lybrate-user you can use a sensitivity releated toothpaste for temporary basis. For permanent cure you have to visit your dentsit to rule out any cavity or enamel erosion.
Dear Lybrate user, You should use a desensitizing toothpaste for relief from tooth sensitivity. If the problem still persists, you can visit your dentist and get a desensitizing varnish application done.
A major cause of tooth sensitivity is root exposure. Kindly consult a dentist in person for further suggestion. We need more investigations with clinical examination to decide upon treatment. You may need cleaning along with desensitizing procedures and / or artificial enamel filling and / or root canal treatment. Advance procedures can be done with laser too. You may consult me in person. Until then apply a desensitizing paste (Sensodyne Tooth paste) on the teeth. Wait for 10 to 15 min until you brush your teeth with the same paste. Applying it overnight will be better. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person. DENTAL TIPS: - Visit a dentist every six months for cleaning and a thorough dental check-up. Limit sugary food to avoid tooth decay. Gargle your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Scrub gently to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner. Floss all your teeth inter dentally & brush twice daily, morning & night, up & down short vertical strokes, with ultra-soft bristles, indicator brush. Tooth brush to be changed every 2 months.
Used sensodent k plus tooth paste twice daily.