I'm 19 year old indian boy. I'm having pain just below my neck around upper part of my shoulder. I want to know the reason, cause and what is best for it.?

I'm 19 year old indian boy. I'm having pain just below my...
Hi, thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You are very young to actually have persistent neck pains. If you have localized neck pain with no other symptoms like radiating upper limb pain, neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias etc, then you can start with following recommendations for initial period of 2-3 weeks: - to maintain proper posture of your neck while working and sleeping and maintain principles of neck ergonomics especially during work. - if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine or paracetamol or one which suits you - physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist and then to continue at home - adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body - ice packs can applied if your pain is acute, then hot fomentation can be done at home - analgesic spray for local application can be used and is easily available. We will observe you for next 2-3 weeks how you respond to this conservative management protocol. If you are not feeling better, then we will have to get some investigations like, dynamic x rays of neck region and few blood tests for evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.