Hi I am 20 years old and my gums are black on upper side. Is it create any problem in future? I brush twice a day.

Hi I am 20 years old and my gums are black on upper side....
It is pigmention of gums It can be easily removed by dental lasers.
Colour of gums depend on the colour of the individual. It is caused by the amount of skin pigment called melanin. It is normal if the same colour was present since birth. If you notice any abrupt change in colour recently then visit a doctor as early as possible. Otherwise there is nothing to worry. Various treatment options like Gingival Depigmentation is there for removing the dark colour of gums.
Dear Lybrate user, gums appearing black it due hyperpigmentation and not related and associated with brushing. This doesn't create any problem in future it may be seen in smokers and in some diseased conditions. Aesthetically some are concerned about this. There are treatments available.
It is a melanin pigmentation, it is natural so nothing to worry, if you don't want that then it can be removed by Laser Depigmentation technique, visit nearby dentist so that he will educate you more and you can get your pink gums back :)
It is not a problem at all.

Book appointment with top doctors for Black Gums treatment