Hi, My uncle eats Rajanigandha everyday, hence now on both the wall of his mouth he has got wounds due to which he is unable to eat properly. Can you please suggest a Doctor/hospital where I can take him for the treatment. This is urgent. Kindly help.

Hi,
My uncle eats Rajanigandha everyday, hence now on bot...
Hello Lybrate user, I appreciate your concern for your uncle. Immediately ask your uncle to stop his habit. The wounds are caused due to repeated irritation of cheek mucosa. Repeated irritation in same area or repeated wound in same area can lead to some non healing ulcers also which can turn carcinogenic. Take to to a nearby dentist. They will assess the extent of damage caused advise proper medicines and if required refer to an oral surgeon. Ask your uncle to stop the habit and avoid eating spicy food. For time being apply an local anesthetic gel on the cheek mucosa before having food.
Hi,
Hello Lybrate user, first your uncle should quit this habit. These wounds may be oral submucous fibrosis. In this mouth opening is also restricted. In this case, he can use turmix mouthwash n tablets. He is supposed to do mouth opening exercises also. You can contact me through Lybrate also.