I went to the doctor she said that you don't have any cavities these are just spots on your teeth. But after 5 months when I went again for the checkup she said you have cavities. Not 1 or 2. But 8 (in which 4 are already filled). I am just 20 years old guy and now I am very afraid and depress. Can you just tell me that how can I differentiate between cavities and spots. These are very small spots!

I went to the doctor she said that you don't have any cav...
if a sharp needle like Pin engages in a spot it's beginning of a cavity u can avoid by twice daily especially at night
You should not get depressed since they are just cavities! you can't differentiate between spots and cavity at home easily. You have to have professional eyes to figure it out. Spots can be easily remob=ved by cleaning but cavities are tooth decay and that needs to be filled. There are chances that initially the cavity was too small to be noticed and they underwent a rampant growth. The best thing is that it has been intercepted and you have it restored. So don't feel depressed. Always be aware as you were this time. And take care, that's it.
Hello lybrate-user, you can't diagnose your self. U need to go for good dentist and go for regular professional cleaning of teeth. Which should be done after every six months. Stains go with cleaning cavities not.
it will be difficult for you to differentiate between cavities and just stains or spots.depending our tooth morphology we have deep grooves in the tooth where once decay starts it progresses rapidly.one we seal these deep grooves with cement then just a good oral hygiene maintenance should be enough.but if you are having new decay I would recommend go for fluoride application
Hello visit a dentist and get it checked. If there is a cavity get it filled. If there are spots get a scaling and polishing done. And visit a dentist routinely after every 6 months.
Tooth Cavities are black colour discoloration of teeth, which is the initial decay, they appear as small spots first, but only dentsit aftr examining can say wat treatment can be done.