You have pyorrhea. Normal gum disease. Affects many people. Get scaling done by visiting a dentist.
Start brushing twice daily.
Use mouthwash afyer 1/2 hr of brushing.
Can chew sugar free chewing gum for bad breath.
23 years experience
Ask Free Question
Use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- Control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress. - Rinse with salt water or hydrogen peroxide to keep the area clean. Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- Stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacking between meals. Carbohydrates and sugars feed dental plaque.
- Try an oral irrigation device, commonly known as a "water pick, to clear debris from around the gum line.
- You may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening procedure. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Bad Breath treatment