My mother is suffering from meningioma diagnosed before 1 week through MRI. But doctors said that it is not a problem because it is small and found in mri sometimes in everyone. Is it a serious case? Or need consulting another neuro surgeon? Thanks in advance She has severe headache frequently now a days Is this happening due to meningioma? Mri report as follows Extra axial mass lesion in the right occipital convexity and a broad base towards dura Subtle hyperintensity in the left putamen ischemic or metabolic etiosy.

My mother is suffering from meningioma diagnosed before 1...
Hi, Yes sometimes it so happens that a meningoma may be found incidentally which Imaging brain - which means it is not related to her headaches. If the meningioma is small and not causing any mass effects- there is no reason to worry. Perhaps get a follow up MRI brain in a year to see if it's size is stable. From the information you shared, I concur with her doctor's opinion- her headaches could be migraines, which are the most common headache type or tension type headaches- but that cannot be said with certainty without specific questioning about her headaches. PS- the other MRI finding in putamen also is unrelated to headaches, but without looking at the scan I cannot confirm what it actually means.

Book appointment with top doctors for Meningioma treatment