My mother is suffering from pain in legs and feet. Recently her reports showed high uric acid (8.7). Though she is medicated, I would be highly obliged if you can suggest some home remedies, what should be eaten and what not ?

My mother is suffering from pain in legs and feet. Recent...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in body to low levels. General recommendations are: - decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources - also increase your water intake so that uric acid is excreted from body well. - keeping your weight to normal levels will also help you. - intake of fresh fruits, citrus fruits and cherries has been implicated in reducing uric acid values in the body as well. Nowadays there is a medication by the name of febuxostat which helps in lowering uric acid levels in body but kindly check out that it suits your body. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.