Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I suffer from hyperhidrosis since many years. But I do not suffer from thyroid. Should I visit a endocrinologist for help? Can they help me with my disease. Skin specialists that I visited were not able to help much.

1 Doctor Answered
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Hypothyroidism can be well controlled with adequate dose of levothyroxine. But hyperhydrosis can hardly be cured. It can only be controlled to some extent by various measure. So even visiting an endocrinologist may not offer much of additional relief. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.