I am 72 and an adjunct faculty at a B School in Mumbai. I live with my wife. Since last Feb my left heel and ankle aches when I walk, more so when I climb the stairs. Recently my right heel too has started aching.

I am 72 and an adjunct faculty at a B School in Mumbai. I...
It may be a planter fasciitis or calcaneal spur. So I advice avoid prolong standing and walking and I advice apply ice pack 15-20 min twice a day. Avoid hard sole sleeper. Use Dr. sole sleeper or silicon heel pad. For better result consult near by physiotherapist.
Hello, Lybrate user, You might be suffering from rheumatic arthritis causing pain-heel. Tk, plenty of water to hydrate your body. Avoid, cold intake, junk food. Tk@,Rhus tox 200-6 pills, thrice. @ Phyto200-6 pills, thrice. Report, wkly. Your feedback matters for further followup of your case, please. Tk, care.
Hello Lybrate user, If wearing of sports shoes is not of any issue at your working place than I would suggest to wear a good pair of sports shoes instead of formal shoes. That will help you immediately and will see the difference. Secondly, do calf and plantar fascia stretches regularly first when you gets up from bed in morning and in between during prolong stand &walk. Do some contrast bath, release a fascia structure at your using a tennis ball .this will definitely help you. If you find any difficulty to understand the process which I mentioned above. Kindly do visit a physiotherapist near by you he will explain all the protocols. Thanks& Regards.