I am 25 year old female I had a random glucose test last week and the result is 158 but I gave the blood after 10 minutes of eating food.

I am 25 year old female I had a random glucose test last ...
Dear patient you should do hba1c test and OGTT urine for ketone bodies tests for confirmation of diabetes. Avoid junk fast food, have fresh fruits, green vegetables, have plenty of water, seafoods,milk, pulses, get plenty early morning sunlight, have regular 30 minutes exercise. Also have well balanced timely diet and have ample sound sleep. Tkk and stay healthy.
No need to be worry repeat after 10 days once again.
To confirm whether you are having diabetes or likely to get diabetes you need to do proper Blood sugar fasting in the morning after minimum 8 hrs fasting and post lunch that is 2 hrs after beginning of lunch If BSF is more than 126 mg % and your post lunch sugar is more than 200 mg% than you are having diabetes. If you have HbA1C or more than 6.4% than also you have confirmed diabetes.
Hello, Thanks for the query. Madam random value of 158 mg / 100 ml glucose is high. But with that it is not possible to diagnose whether one has diabetes. For that you need to get a fasting (10 to 12 hrs after dinner), blood glucose, PP (2 hrs after food) and HbA1c%, these values will help in whether a person has diabetes. Following are the criteria: 1)Normal: FBG :70 to 110 mg, PP <140 mg & HbA1c% <5.9. 2) Pre-dibates: FBG: 108 to 125 mg, PP 141 to 199 mg & HbA1c% 5.9 to 6.4. 3) Diabetes: FBG: 126 mg and above, PP 200 mg and above & HbA1c%: 6.5 and above. It looks like a prediabetes state. But better to get tests as mentioned above. Thanks.