My mother who is 73 has been suffering from herpes for 4 years now she got from her forehead which turned to neuralgia n has effected her eye which doctors say might lead to glaucoma. That area is very sensitive a slight breeze is intolerable and shes always in pain. We have tried going to different doctors tried homeo too but all in vain please advice is Botox a good therapy and if it's not why so? Thanks you.

My mother who is 73 has been suffering from herpes for 4 ...
Botox is a drug made from a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum called botulinum toxin. It is used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. An antiviral cream or ointment can relieve the burning, itching, or tingling. An antiviral medicine that is oral (pills) or intravenous (shot) can shorten an outbreak of herpes. Prescription antiviral medicines approved for the treatment of both types of herpes simplex include: Acyclovir.