Doctors in Shree Shakti Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Submit a review for Shree Shakti HospitalYour feedback matters!
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours, but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neuropsychiatric problems. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory and emotion. Reduced hippocampus volume may make person vulnerable to multiple neuropsychiatric complications. Let us see some of the signs, which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN)
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The abdomen houses multiple organs and pain in the abdomen could indicate a problem with any of these organs. From a medical point of view, the abdomen and associated pain can be divided into nine areas or quadrants the right, middle and left sideways and the upper, middle, and lower quadrants from top to bottom. The doctor would usually ask the patient to point to the area of the problem for instance, right lower quadrant or upper left quadrant.
With a mental mapping of the organ in each of these quadrants, the diagnosis is arrived at, with confirmation by imaging if required. Some of the most common causes for lower abdominal pain are listed below, and the kidneys are important organs in this area.
- Lower left abdominal pain is caused because of the problems in the large intestine, small intestine, spleen, left kidney, ureter, ovaries, fallopian tube, urinary bladder and their associated structures.
- Some of the common issues in this area could be menstrual cramps, urinary tract infections (UTIs), left kidney stones, uterine disorders, intestinal obstruction, ectopic pregnancy, constipation, colon cancers, pelvic inflammatory disorder, Crohn’s disease, inguinal hernia, and a ruptured spleen.
- Lower right abdominal pain can be due to appendicitis, right inguinal hernia, UTI, right kidney stones, colon cancer, menstrual cramps, uterine disorders, intestinal obstruction, ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disorders, diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, endometriosis, and lymph node inflammation.
- As is evident from this list, many of these are related to the urinary tract and kidneys. Whether it is the kidneys per se, the urinary bladder, the ureters, or the associated nerves and blood vessels, UTIs are very common. And if one of these organs is affected, then the chance of the infection spreading to the surrounding organs is very high. There is a constant flow of urine through these structures, and so the infection can pass through easily.
- A person who has had kidney problems would have very characteristic symptoms. The pain would be in the lower back, on either side of the spine, depending on which side is affected. While the pain experienced due to kidney stones is acute and can be stabbing in nature, the UTI would appear in bouts. The associated symptoms should always be kept in mind when identifying and treating kidney problems.
- There could be nausea, diarrhoea, blood in the urine, fever, profuse sweating and severe fever, which could help in discovering the problem.
- These should not be ignored and diagnosis should be confirmed with blood tests and imaging including X-rays and CT scans. The treatment would depend on the condition, and early identification of the problem leads to better prognosis and a simpler treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes to you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
1. Prenatal care: As soon as you realize you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning and a number of other things that your doctor will prescribe.
2. Diet: You need to ensure two things that is you are eating enough for two people and everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
a. Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
b. Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
c. Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
d. A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
e. Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
f. Avoid eating unpasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food and smoked seafood.
g. While most vitamin requirements should be met through the diet, in some people, prenatal vitamins which provide the increased demands for folic acid.
3. Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
4. Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
a. Improved energy levels
b. Controls back pain
c. Improved sleep pattern
d. Improves constipation
e. Improves muscles strength and endurance
There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine.
5. Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby's health throughout pregnancy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Some people find it harder to lose weight as compared to others. Gastric sleeve surgery is a viable option for such people. This surgery involves reducing the size of the stomach to control the intake of food.
Here are 10 ways this surgery will affect you.
- You’ll need a special diet for the first few days: You will need to follow a special diet for 8 weeks after the surgery. This gives your stomach the time to heal properly. Normal food will have to be reintroduced slowly. However, alter, you can eat anything you like.
- You can eat lesser: You’ll find yourself taking smaller servings at all meals as your stomach is much smaller than it was. This does not mean that you’ll be able to eat more frequently. It simply means that you will eat a lot lesser. A smaller stomach also means that you will feel less hungry.
- Weight Loss: After a gastric sleeve surgery, patients typically lose up to 75% of their excess weight. In the first three months itself, you should see yourself lose up to 33% of excess body weight. Thus, it can help cure obesity and reduce your BMI.
- Resolution of obesity-related health issues: As your weight reduces, so does the impact of other diseases. Patients suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and sleep apnea report a large amount of improvement in their conditions after this surgery.
- Stronger joints: Excess weight puts additional pressure on your joints. This can cause joint pain and increase the wear and tear of joint cartilage. By reducing your weight, there is less pressure on your joints. Improved mobility and lesser knee pain are commonly experienced benefits.
- Lowered cancer risk: The risk of some types of cancer is associated with the patient’s weight. As a result of this surgery, the risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer and endometrial cancer reduces by up to 33%.
- Improved fertility: Women with obesity of overweight issues typically find it difficult to conceive. A gastric sleeve surgery can improve these fertility rates. Studies have shown that more than 50% of the women who underwent this procedure could conceive a child successfully within the next year.
- Improved mental health: Your weight also affects your self-confidence. In many cases being overweight or obese contributes to depression. Undergoing this surgery can improve a patients’ self-image and relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety etc.
- Better sleep: Losing body fat makes it more comfortable to get a good night’s sleep. Weight loss also helps treat conditions such as sleep apnea that can keep you from sleeping restfully.
- Your weight loss will plateau after 2 years: As time passes, your stomach will begin to expand. Hence you may not see yourself losing too much weight after the first year. If you are not careful, you may begin to put on weight again after the 2nd or 3rd year.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
This surgery involves the removal of Gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ that lies right beneath the right side of the liver. The main function of the gallbladder is to collect and concentrate bile, which is a digestive juice produced by liver after eating, aiding digestion. The most common disorder of the digestive system is presence of Gallstones, which are the stones made up of a mixture consisting of cholesterol, bile pigment and calcium salts.
These Gallstones don’t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
- The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
- A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
- Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
- In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
1. Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
2. Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
3. Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
While sex is an important part of an adult’s life, it may also come with a number of problems for certain people. Sexual addiction is a problem faced by many and includes a wide range of behavioural patterns when it comes to sex and excessive indulgence in the same. This condition may impact the life of an individual in a significant and even debilitating manner. While many people may confuse this with mere addiction to porn, this is not true. Let us find out more.
Types of Sexual Addiction: There are a number of ways in which sexual addiction may be characterised. As mentioned above, it does not merely include addiction to pornography or any other aspect of sex. It may include an addiction of one or multiple aspects, which include pornography as well. The various forms of sexual addiction include pornography addiction, addiction to fantasy or masturbation, addiction to sadistic behaviour, addition to prostitution, and other excess sexual activities and pursuits like exhibitionism.
Symptoms and Signs: There are a number of physical and emotional symptoms and signs of this condition. The patients suffering from this condition may end up isolating or alienating their partners, which is one of the most common giveaways of this condition. They may also go from one relationship to another in no time at all, with multiple partners in many cases. Also, they will not really have healthy relationships with their partners because of their fantasy based perceptions when it comes to sex. The physical symptoms of this condition include falling prey to venereal diseases and infections on a frequent basis, as well as the exposure to unwanted pregnancy in at least 70% of the cases, as per many medical reports. Anxiety, depression and substance abuse are also some of the common outcomes of this kind of addiction.
Treatment: Sexual addiction and sexual dependency can be treated by first of all treating the physical manifestations of this condition and its symptoms like infections and other ailments. This will be done with the help of medication in most cases. Further, the patient will be put through CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy as well as other forms of sex therapy so that the evaluator or psychologist may find the root cause behind the condition.
This kind of therapy usually follows the route of exhaustive discussions in which the patient will be asked to talk about his or her emotions and problems. These will then be used in order to reprogram the attitude and thinking of the patient. In such cases, the patient will also be encouraged to invest time and effort in the emotional side of a committed relationship so that the dependency on sex may reduce.