Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in PUNE and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Rd Bilkish Raje
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Rd Bilkish RajeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Bilkish Raje provides answers that are inspiring. Thankyou
very informative and helpful thanks a lot
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries.
Caffeine is said to be good for the body, if it is consumed in limited quantities. It is also to be kept in mind that the form is also important, green tea is said to be very good. But what about having green tea very soon after a meal is finished?
Green tea has a drink, which has a reputation for being a wonder drink, and quite rightly so, it is to be kept in mind that having green tea along with or just after meals is not the best idea a person can have. But why does this happen? Well, there are chemicals, which exist in green tea which are known as phenols. What happens with these phenols if there is green tea being drunk not long after a meal is that they can interfere with the absorption of the iron present in the food.
In addition to not drinking green tea at mealtime, or post meal time, it is perhaps also a good idea to stay away from drinking it when milk and items which are made from milk such as cheese are being consumed. There is a reason why this is the case is due to the fact that the proteins which exist in milk do not let green tea have its normal effect on the metabolism of the person i.e. raising the metabolism and making the challenge of losing weight a bit easier.
If it is still the case that drinking green tea with or after a meal is a habit, which has no chance at all of being shaken off, then what can be done is that the meals should be changed to an extent so as to contain a greater amount of iron rich food. This will go some way in counteracting the effect the phenols have. Apart from just iron rich food, food that is rich in vitamin C is also to be consumed.
However, that being said, people who are anyway deficient in iron are better off steering clear of green tea consumed after a meal. Instead, what they can do if have it between meals and also at the start of a day. What this will accomplish is that all the benefits of the green tea can be imbibed by the body and none of the nutrition value of the food is lost either. Furthermore, green tea drunk between meals can also reduce the appetite and help weight loss. What could be better?
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doctor, I delivered baby through c section 6 and half months ago and I want to reduce weight and how can I do, please guide me. Thanks.
Im jobin and im very skinny. Im 22 year old now I have 5.7 inch height and my weight is 50 only. I need to gain weight. Pls help me many times I tried to make more weight but it does not happened.
I am vegetarian and I want to reduce my weight which im not able to do. Can you suggest me what I have to do?
I want to increase my weight and also want increase physical strength. My physical strength so week. So pls give me diatplan & exercise advice.
Every day I go out for running .I make my daily diet mostly including fruit like apple ,grapefruit, grapes and others .I every day eat white part of eggs (2).generally I eat roti in lunch and dinner and vegetable. Then according my body weight (71.5)and height (5'6").should I take any protein shake? And if needed how much should I take it? And which product?
I have a little belly fat. How to control that? Is there any suggestions for example diet and exercises?
We often wander around spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple cider vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in the apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and, in turn, increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not many calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in the vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which cause the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic to you if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast causing dandruff to grow. Mix one cup of the vinegar in an equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most research is carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable however when it comes to humans, half an ounce of this vinegar each day results in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!