Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Wadekar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. WadekarYour feedback matters!
What is Sinusitis?
For those of you who do not know what Sinusitis is, it is the inflammation or swelling of the sinus tissues which are hollow spaces in between the bones around the nose. The sinuses are healthy when there is constant flow in the air but when the portion gets blocked it fills with bacteria and viruses. This causes mucus and other unhealthy elements to remain blocked inside the nose.
The symptoms of sinusitis are common and not critical or dangerous in nature. Over 40 million people get affected by this common disease every year.
- Swelling or inflammation inside the nose because of a mild fever or common cold can cause the sinuses to get blocked and result to sinusitis.
- If the drainage ducts inside, the nose gets blocked the health passage of air gets halted or disrupted.
- A runny nose with a constant flow of water and the nose might also get blocked by pus inside.
- Structural problems inside the nose which may lead to the narrowing of the nasal tract through which the air passes and comes back.
- Deficiency in the immune system can lead to such a problem.
- Allergies are also a common contributor to the cause of sinusitis because the nasal chamber gets blocked in the result.
Treating a condition of sinusitis is very common. Let us have a look :
- The first thing which a doctor will prescribe you is an antibiotic doze of 7-8 days, which will help you to fight the blocked bacterias and viruses.
- Warm compresses will help the nasal cavity to remain warm and wet, keeping it clean from pus and germs. Thus clearing the way for healthy inhaling of air.
- Saline nose drops are also used to clear out the blockage in the nose and fight the germs building inside the sinuses.
- Sometimes surgeries are also performed when no other medications work properly. It helps to widen the natural pathway which helps in draining between the sinuses and nose, resulting in the congested mucus to come out and again start a fresh process of taking air in.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from symptoms like sneezing, nasal congestion, running nose from several months and when I used to medicate, these symptoms go away temporarily but these happen again after sometime. So I then consulted an ent specialist and he told me that my nose bone is twisted or not aligned straight.
I am 28 years old boy. From last 2 years I am tinnitus in my left ear and continuous pain and heaviness above left ear. I feel so dizzy and weak all the time. I eat a lot but never gain weight.
My sneezing problem is increasing day by day I sneeze about 10-15 times in one session I have taken levocetirizine and montelukast but no change seems.
Hi Sir My name is mukesh solanki I am From Gujarat, I have been suffering From snoring Problem For 4 Year So Can You Suggest me Best Treatment as Far as Possible.
One doctor suggested me to use lachesis200 dilution daily ok one dose for one week. But I don't know how to use. Its just look like ear drops. Contains 15 ml liquid. Tell how much should I take.
My roommate friend sleeps next to me and has a habit of snoring badly always. I am tired of waking him up in order to stop it. please give some suggestions.
Is there an answer to snoring? Snoring has separated me and my wife in two rooms. Somebody please help us to reunite.
Do you snore too much while you sleep? Does your snoring give others a hard time? Snoring is caused because of the vibration of soft tissues and muscles that make up your upper airways. Working out these muscles help in the management of snoring. These soft tissues and muscles stay floppy when you are snoring. The tightening of these muscles helps in reducing the level of floppiness, which results in reduced snoring. There are several simple mouth exercises that are considered to be effective in dealing with snoring. Several researches and experiments have been carried out in order to prove the effectiveness of these exercises in controlling snoring.
The most important and common mouth exercises that help stop your snoring are as follows:
- The tongue slide
- You have to push the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth, or the hard palate.
- After this, you simply should slide your tongue backwards. You should repeat this around 20 times.
- The roof smash
- In order to practice this exercise, you need to turn your tongue in the upwards directions, and press the whole tongue against flush with the hard palate.
- This should be repeated 20 times.
- Tongue carpet
- You have to force the underside of your tongue against the floor of your mouth.
- Along with this, you need to keep the tip of your tongue in contact with the bottom part of your front teeth.
- Say aah!
- You need to lift your soft palate, at the back of your mouth’s roof and uvula, similar to how you open your mouth during a throat inspection.
- The cheek push
- You need to insert your right index finger into the mouth, while pressing the inside of your finger against your left cheek’s length.
- You should engage your cheek muscle and try to return the pressure back on your finger.
- This should be repeated 10 times on each side.
- Even chewing
- It is important for you to chew evenly even you eat any form of food.
- You should alternate both sides of your mouth while chewing and swallowing food.
Similar to any form of exercise, you need to practice these mouth exercises on a regular basis to gain benefits and observe positive results. Unless you practice them strictly and continuously, you may not experience any change in your snoring patterns and intensity. You should try incorporating these exercises into your daily schedule. You may do a set after brushing your teeth, or during evening commutes.