Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod ShahooYour feedback matters!
I have coccydinia and loss of lordosis. And I m taking physiotherapy since 55 days. But not improving. What should I do. Should Ortho will be right for me this Tim. I m 27 yr old male.
I am 36 years old women I am severely suffering from hand pain for minimum of one months doctor advised me to take complete rest and also prescribed pain relief tablets but pain is not reduced he told that two nerves combined and scratching the muscle layer what is the prescription please help.
Hello doctor, I am 22 yrs old. I had a neck and back pain when I was using a laptop. So please give a remedy for this.
I am 17 years old. On Saturday, I am playing football and after that I got a pain on back it may be muscle pain. And I got so negative impact on my mind that is someone on my nearby died by dengue and friends dad died by pneumonia. I also have a dry coug.
I am 35 years male, my weight is 63 kgs and height is 5.55,i am having pains from neck to arms and much pains at shoulders level. Some tome arms got stiffed. It may be cervical because I am doing sitting job and using most of the computers. Please advice how can get relieve from this because its about 5-6 months after left the gym exercise not .can I rejoin gym for exercise. Please help.
Hi Doctors! Actually I have a chronic pain in my back, hands and legs whenever I take hot or cold water bath. Its like unbearable pain please help me to get ride of this pain. One more thing is sometimes whenever I touch something I will get power shock what is the reason for this? I am skinny girl and my weight is 44 kg, I want to gain muscles & weight please suggest me some medicines with dieting chart. Thank you so much.
My father is of age 58 and he has the problem knee pain. As doctor said that the gap between the knee bones has been reduced due to which he has a severe knee pain. So please tell me best remedy or solution for my fathers problem.
I am having pain in my neck specially when gets up its become more. Please tell me sir. What should I do.
I am 55 years old.Since one year I am suffering with knee pains and back ache. I am unable to walk freely on the roads. Give me advice.
My father is 75 years old. He slipped on floor and got his knee cap broken in 3 pieces as per x ray report. Dr. is advising surgery. How complex is this surgery, what precautions should be taken? Will he achieve normal mobility after surgery?
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.