Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
From past 2-3 days ,when ever I go to toilet and when I applied some pressure, there is little pain in my testicles. What to do?
I am 54 year old, I was washing clothes, I felt severe pain in both of my legs upto knee level. This pain remained about two hours, when I took bath with warm water, it gave me some relief, when I slept, slowly pain reduced. I want to know whether it is a sign of some serious disease?
Hiiii, I am 40 year old and I have fat problem. My weight is 92 kg. Please help me to shortout this problem.
I have scars on my face, pimples on my back side of my body and around the neck also. How can I avoid this and which treatment I have to take and how much cost it required? please suggest and provide best hospital contact also. I'm staying in pune.
I having continues hair fall. Sir/madam please help. Used all types hair oils and shampoos. Kindly help.
I am loosing my hair. I vil be travelling on bike every day. I wear helmet also. Any useful suggestion to reduce my hair fall. If so pls let me know. Thankyou sir.
My friend is 30 year old. He is taking drug for a long time. Like cough syrup and capsules etc. He regularly takes cough syrup which added codeine drug. He becomes hardly addicted with medicine drug. Sometimes if he didn't got this he becomes hyper and got huge problems in sleeping. Suggest me a treatment of him to become out of these medical drugs. How can he comes out of this.
My brother is 25 year old, he have fair color but now his face dark or black pachaso. so, what can I do.?
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.
How to cure exfoliative dermatitis and reddening of face caused by use of steroids for fungal infection? I HV used many steroids on my face due to this problem like hhzole ,fluticasone, eumosone for more than 1 Yr not regularly. On advice of my doctor. On use of glow care cream it got red. Presently I am using moiz lmf48 lotion and taking antoxid hc. Pls suggest proper medicines. As the situation didn't improved much.
I am 63 year old heaving back pain last 15 years, also sciatic nerve pain. L5 problem .some times its countinew 15 days on every 4 to 5 month last 15 year, I am looking pail relif yoga or exercise.
Hello sir/madam, I have consulted you already. Now I have meet from another doctor and again checkup then found the stone size is 5mm in left side kidney in deep. So please guide me, either operation is needed for this size of stone or this can be removed by medicine. Please give me a proper advise. Thanks, Sushil Kumar.
I am suffering from unbearable pain in stomach since last 3 days. Still I have not take any medicine .plz suggest me suitable medicine .
Regular 3 or 4 days sex bleeding from vagina a girl age of 22 years what reason behind it and what medicine take please advice me.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet.
Related Tip: "5 Tips to Treat Oily Skin"