Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijendra PatilYour feedback matters!
I have problem of jock itch consistently.. Skin is getting red and itching problem increasing day by day. What should I do to get fast relief from it?
I am 18 year old. I am suffering from sneezing last 2year Many time I take medicine to my consult doctor but medicine do not work proper. So what I can do to stop my sneezing problem.
Severe hereditary heart imperfection commonly becomes obvious soon after the birth of a child or at some point in the first few months of its life. It is a tragic condition in children and some of the symptoms that are associated with the heart imperfections include rapid breathing, grunting while breathing, swelling of the abdomen, legs and areas around the eyes of the baby.
The baby experiences shortness of breath during feeding and in this way, the baby does not gain much weight. The nostrils of the baby also become flared, and they at times turn pale blue in their skin color. In some cases, the blood pressure of the baby is also very low after their birth.
Congenital heart defects are at times not diagnosed in the early stages of childhood as the signs are not noticeable.
However, some of the signs that are obvious and noticeable in older children mainly include:
- Children become short of breath while exercising or doing some activity and at times these children require frequent monitoring.
- They get tired in no time and have less stamina
- The legs of these children suffering from congenital heart defects tend to swell.
- The blood circulation in these children is very poor
- Holes in the heart occur and typically in the walls between the major blood vessels as well as the chambers.
Do Tests Regularly:
It is very important that a follow up is done with pediatrician regularly and the tests described are performed regularly. In any such case if the problem is significant, then it is likely that your medical doctor would refer your child to a paediatric cardiologist. The paediatric cardiologist is specially trained to identify as well as treat severe heart problems in young children, infants and even in young adults.
Medications Used for Treating Heart Disease:
The condition cannot be prevented and hence to lower the risk of your baby having congenital heart disease it is very necessary that women have a healthy pregnancy. There are certain medications provided by the doctors to treat this condition and relieve the symptoms caused. The medications that are used include Vasodilators to widen the blood vessels so that the blood circulation is improved, Diuretics are used to reduce the extra fluid in the body. The strength of the heart beat is increased by use of Digoxin, and irregular heartbeats can be prevented by use of Antiarrhythmics. However, these medications do not treat the defect completely.
I have sex related issue, I found less erection in my penis, pain in testicles, I am not married only 25 what is reason I don't understand, I have done masturbations but now avoid problem is same I have never done sex. Now I have fear of my sex life after marriage. What should I do? please help me is there any permanent cure of it. I am totally hopeless.
Hi doc, meri palm me kuch dane dikh rhe h last 4 to 5 days its happening. Meri palm me itching hoti n I feel that ye dane or funsi wtevr it is. Increase ho rhi h. Dhire dhire. Palm k andr hi ye dikh rhe h abi bhar nhi huye h. Is trh se nikle. M kya krun doc inko khtm krne k liye. Koi aisa way btaiye jisse m innko khtm kr sku .
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My mother aged 76 yrs. Too much swelling on lower legs. With redness. She has patient of High BP but anyhow she managed it nicely. Pl.give me opinion on swelling on lower legs.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.