Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay IngleYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from body weakness and slight pain in the feet. I checked my temperature, its below normal 96.5 F from 2 days. Also I am urinating a lot and no sweating, even if I wear a blanket. After urination my mouth feels dry. Can someone please consult me on this. Thanks
Sir, my mother is 52 yr. Old. She has pain and swelling in left knee of leg since 4 to 5 months. We consulted doctors. But problem exist till now. Please consult what should be done and how it cures. I will be highly obliged to you.
I am 25 year old. My hand and feet are swelled and in pain. What is the problem I can't understand. What should I do?
Hi I am mukesh kumar working as a driver. I am suffering shoulder pain for last 7 days can you suggest me any medicine for shoulder pain.
I am 40 years I am diabetic for last two years my right shoulder getting full pain full what should I do ?
Hello, I have concerns about taking protein rich supplement while muscle building, does it effects my kidney or any other organ plse guide me.
I'm a 26 year old male patient frequently suffering from pain in lower back side of foot whenever I ate food. I can not walk properly if I press the area its paining.
Dear Sir, A little brief about my father. My father is 49 years old. Since 2000 my father started experiencing strength loss in his legs and hands. His age at that time was 31 years. As time passed, his conditions progressed steadily. We went to every best hospitals in India. Every doctor Gave up on him. Now the condition is that he cannot walk 10 steps even on his own. He needs to have support of someone's shoulder to walk and go to the toilet. That's maximum work he does. He cannot sit on floor. His bed is even at certain height which is more than usual beds that we have. If he has to sit, someone has to hold his hand and support his back and make him sit. That to he can only sit for max 1 hr. After that his bank gets stiff and he needs to lie down to straighten it. He cannot comb his hair as he cannot raise his hand that high. There is no pain in any part of his body. Now we are not able to take him to any doctor or hospital as he cannot travel and we not have enough money for the special treatment that he need while travelling. Even doctors have given up on him. I recently posted on a medical site about my father's situation and A Doctor suggested that he might be having SMA. I would be really grateful if there is anything that we have missed or anything that we could do to help him. We would do anything. PLEASE HELP.
Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to replace a worn out knee joint with an artificial knee joint. Such a surgery is advised if your knee is causing pain and limiting your daily activities, provided other treatments have failed to cause the desired impact.
Once the knee replacement surgery is completed, the focus shifts to the recovery phase.
- The duration of the recovery depends on the type of surgery and the individual.
- After the surgery, painkillers are administered to provide relief from the pain.
- In some cases, oxygen is administered through various tubes if required.
- A blood transfusion may also be required after a knee replacement surgery.
- The surgical wound will require a dressing to allow it to heal faster and prevent infection.
- A drain will be attached to the wound to drain out the blood from it and prevent accumulation of blood in the wound.
- The dressing of the wound should be changed regularly.
Post- Surgery Care
- Post-surgery, you will need assistance to help you walk. If the surgery that you underwent was minimally invasive, then you should be able to walk on the very same day. Your physiotherapist will prescribe and show you some exercises to strengthen the knee. It is important that you follow his/her instructions to avoid complications.
- A passive motion machine is sometimes prescribed as it helps to restore the movement of the knee. It helps in reducing the swelling by keeping your leg elevated and moving the knee when you are lying down.
Here are some knee replacement recovery tips:
- Avoid doing any work that puts pressure on the knees.
- Eat nutritious meals so that the body receives proper nourishment, thus allowing your leg to heal faster.
- Avoid heavy exercises which can strain your knees.
- Perform all the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist to speed up the recovery process.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for a few months after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!