Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Veena Chaudhari RYour feedback matters!
I have lots of facial hair, some acne also, my periods also get delayed but rarely. I am four years married and took all the related tests as I had problem in conceiving but all the tests were fine except in ultrasound there was some issue due to which doctor suspected pcod but when hormonal test was done it was fine so the possibility of pcod was overruled. But now I have conceived and I am 6 weeks pregnant. I feel consistent pain in lower abdomen and also after I take susten200 I feel diziness. My doctor told me its normal. Also in ultrasound the same issue is there and in urine my epithelial cells are 10-20. Is everything fine or there can be some issue?
Respected doctor Can a lady suffering from pcod get pregnancy? Is it possible for the ladies? Kindly explain me sir/Madam.
Hello . I am 8 months pregnant. Since many days I have this acute pain on the pelvic area specially on the left side. The pain is increasing day by day
Eating oily like ghee butter and milk in last trimester is not good for my baby pls tell . I am 7 month pregnant and my 8 will soon started .will it harden my uterus and pls tell is it not good for normal delivery .
My periods are 1 day late from its due date but I am having cramping and feeling wet in my vagina .am I pregnant or its late for some other reason.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal pain
- Missed / irregular periods
- Painful periods
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Headaches/back pain
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.
Does hemorrhagic cyst bust itself and goes away automatically when periods come or not, if not bust itself then what happen, is their any harm for body, because doctor told me to do pelvic ultrasound on 2nd day of period so that they can know whether the cyst bust or not and if goes away itself then they can start 2nd cycle of fertomid. Does fertomid treatment done regularly means every month till women conceive, this month (july) is my 2nd cycle for fertomid so if I start 2nd cycle next month (aug) then it get any harm for me or not. please help. 1st cycle of fertomid I got hemorrhagic cyst.
Physical intimacy between partners is one aspect, which is of utmost importance, therefore we need to focus on things which can boost it. Sexual health is as important as your overall physical and mental health. Just as how your heart health is impacted by what you eat, nutrition also plays an important role in your sexual health. A number of sexual health problems can, in fact, be remedied by simply eating right.
Here are a few types of food that can help enhance your sexual health.
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Some fats such as Omega 3 Fatty acids are essential for your health. Such foods improve blood circulation and neurological functioning thereby aiding in improving sexual function. Foods rich in Omega 3 Faty acids include soybean oil, tuna or trout fish, walnuts and almonds.
- Foods that help you maintain your weight: Your weight plays an important role in self-image and libido. In many cases of obesity, losing weight has a direct impact on increasing libido and sexual functioning. Hence, food that is rich in fibre and low in fat content such as whole grains and leafy vegetables should be a part of your daily diet.
- Food that increases fertility: Vitamin C is essential for fertility, especially for men. It also helps increase the production of happy hormones and thus elevates moods. Thus increasing your vitamin C intake can help treat fertility problems. Fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons are rich sources of vitamin C. Folic acid also plays an important role in increasing fertility. It improves sperm quality and reduces the pregnancy risks. Some foods that are rich in folic acid are broccoli, peas, lettuce. Beets and all kinds of nuts.
- Foods that increase sex drive: Apples are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that stimulate blood flow to the genital area and aid in arousal. They also contain chemicals that increase lubricant production and hence make intercourse more enjoyable. Similarly, berries like strawberries and cherries and watermelons improve blood circulation and are a rich source of phytochemicals that enhance a person’s sex drive.
- Foods that increase sperm production: Zinc is one of the key nutrients involved in sperm production. Low levels of zinc can also affect a woman’s libido. Hence eating foods rich in zinc such as sesame seeds, whole grain bread, green leafy vegetables and brown rice can help boost libido and sperm production. One of the main reasons oysters are considered such a powerful aphrodisiac is because they are considered to be one of the richest sources of zinc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.