Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VarpeYour feedback matters!
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, My period date was 25 dec. Now I want to conceive. please suggest me I am a married woman and we are trying from six months but no results.
Dr. Mujhe utress main 2 fibroids hai jo ki bhut small hai bt uski vja se mujhe periods problem hai period tm is 7to 8 days and very painful. My age is 42. Kya mujhe operation karana chaiye. Ya only treatment. Thanku.
I am 38 years old unmarried virgin woman. My periods have always been regular. From last 3 months, I am facing some problem. First time during my mid cycle I noticed some blood very less though when I used to wipe my vagina after urinating. After few days I started feeling discomfort, no pain but it was like something is stuck in the opening of vagina. Used to feel that while bending down or sitting on a chair whenever there is some pressure on the vagina. Then my periods started and problem automatically disappeared. Next month again in mid cycle I felt the same problem. I went to gynaecologist, she examined externally and said there is lot of discharge, seems to be some infection. She prescribed me some medicines - FAS 3 kit, candiforce capsules. During this time I noticed some red fleshy thing popping out of my vagina. I completed this 7 days course and then my periods started. And again I was fine, fleshy thing disappeared. I started taking one month's course of bacterial tablets Eckford as prescribed by gyne. Then in the third month, again during mid cycle I started feeling that discomfort and after few days I could see that red fleshy thing popping out of my vagina. I don't know what is this, it doesn't pain but there is a discomfort. I am worried, please advise.
There are three stages of caring for an expecting mother: prenatal, intranatal, postnatal care. This is essential to ensure smooth pregnancy and labour and to keep the mother healthy after giving birth. This care is a combined effort between the doctor and the expectant couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are expecting an addition to your family.
Prenatal care from the moment you realize that you are pregnant, a woman must start taking extra care of her body. This reduces the risks in your pregnancy and at the time of labour. But even before planning a pregnancy, it is important that couples should consult with the doctor, in order to avoid any complications in future. Thus, you should ensure that regular check up not just during the pregnancy, but also before the pregnancy is equally important, so that your doctor can rule out complications arising due to factors, such as Thalassemia, Thyroid, Blood Sugar and PCOS, etc.
The main objectives of prenatal care are:
- To maintain the health of the mother
- Detect high risk cases
- Foresee complications and find ways to prevent them
- Reduce anxiety associated with delivery
Thus, an important part of prenatal care is to visit your gynaecologist regularly. These visits will be scheduled according to your age and stage of pregnancy. A few other points to keep in mind are:
- Stop smoking and stay away from passive smoking as well
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like insecticides etc.
- Ensure your vaccination is up to date
- Avoid x-rays
- Do not start or stop any medication without informing your doctor first
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly for half an hour daily
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Educate yourself about childbirth
Intranatal care refers to care given to the mother and baby at the time of delivery. The main objectives here are:
- Smooth delivery without injuring mother or baby
- Preventing complications
- Delivery resuscitation for the baby
There are a number of ways to deliver a baby and whatever you choose, you must ensure the presence of a doctor at your side, while delivering a baby. Your doctor will determine the position of the fetus and help you through your delivery.
Postnatal care is essential for 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. During this period, the mother goes through a number of physical and emotional changes and thus requires rest, nutrition and vaginal care. The main objectives here are:
- Prevent postpartum complications
- Restore mother to optimal health
- Ensure problem free breastfeeding
Sharing responsibility is essential for the health of the mother, after delivery. Get as much sleep as possible and pay attention to what you eat. Do not try and lose your pregnancy weight instantly. Schedule a checkup with your doctor six weeks after delivery to ensure your vagina has healed properly. Additionally abstain from intercourse at this time. With proper care, every stage of your pregnancy can be a beautiful experience.
Hello Dr. my pregnancy is 17 weeks 6 days. Dr. mujay din Kay time after lunch jb Mae saas laeti hu to naafe pr kichav sa hota h. Is it normal Dr. Please suggest me.
Duration of pregnancy Lik. Weeks, months kese count hote he? Ma last period date was 28th Feb 2016 please tell me ma duration of pregnancy.
I am suffering from dysmennorhea since 4 yrs how can I get relief from these cramps during periods? l.
Hi, My wife is 25 years old and we got married a year ago. She has been suffering from frequent white discharge with bad odor. She has been to various doctors and taken several antibiotics for all fungal, bacterial and protozoal infections. But still, the problem is persisting. Any advice?
It’s onset of festive season and also a heavy travelling time in India. Very often many people feel unwell while travelling. This problem is called Motion Sickness. Many of us, irrespective of age, feel sick while on road trips. This does extend to other modes of transports as well. Some common symptoms of motion sickness are fatigue, nausea, pale skin, headache, vomiting, increased salivation, sweating and dizziness. They usually occur when the motion begins and stop with the motion. Some ways to combat motion sickness with natural remedies are:
1. Ginger: Ginger is well known for its effectiveness in motion sickness. Ginger's primary active chemical component is Gingerol has been scientifically proven to be a valuable anti-motion sickness agent.
You can have ginger in tea, or as juice mixed with lemon juice, or just swallowing half a teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger with or without honey, before you travel. Ginger 500mg capsules are available in the market that also can be taken. It has antiemetic properties which reduce motion sickness and also aids digestion which in turn helps avoid nausea. Ginger is safe for even pregnant women and children.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar - It is helpful in many health conditions, motion sickness being one of them. It has alkaline and pH balancing effect on our bodies, this helping cure motion sickness. In a cup of lukewarm water, add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Drink this about half an hour before you are due to travel and give it some time to settle. If already suffering from motion sickness, then rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in half a cup of water.
3. Peppermint - Drinking peppermint tea before travelling is an effective way to combat motion sickness. You can also keep peppermint candy with you and suck on to it slowly when you start feeling uneasy. Alternatively, drop a few drops of peppermint oil on your handkerchief and smell it whenever you don't feel good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.