Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VarpeYour feedback matters!
Hi my periods delayed eleven days when I have done pregnancy test that strip shows negative result on consultation with doctor she prescribed regestrone 5 mg tablet morning afternoon and evening for one week. What should I do please reply to my query.
My dates are almost 10 days due and I am finding white vaginal thick discharge from past 2 days. What to do?
its due to sex hormone changes in your body during that time mainly estrogen & FSH.
try to control your emotion by doing yoga- it acts like miracle. eyes closed & deep breathing in & out in the early morning makes you calm & control your sex steroid releasing hormones through hypothalamus.slow body twisting improves your circulation in lower abdominal organs.
for abdominal/breast pain-try to use home remedies like cold compress/ cold cod oil massage.
diet- raw onion and pumpkin seeds. flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil lavender and tea in the evening. try to have vegetables and fish- avoid meats.
**do not let your hormones to control your mind**
in severe cases, you may need medicines, consult your physician- we are always their to solve your problems.
I had the sexual. Intercourse with ma girlfriend before 25 days I have not leaked inside but periods is not done for her still what is the reason.
My wife is 30 years old and she has big fibroids in her uterus. We have married only 4 month. Has there any possibility for her pregnancy?
Me and my husband are trying for conceiving from last 9 months and no luck and My husbands sperm count is as per the requirement and also my periods are regular. They have suggested me MCBM 69 & Q gold F. The doct is saying the reports are normal need to wait for 3 months also. I would like to know is this tablets are useful and if we do intercourse regularly does it effect not conceiving because some people say that no to do intercourse regularly it does effect to get pregnant. I am worried about it. Please suggest.
I am 23 years, married 9 months ago, we are trying for a baby but nothing is happening Scanning is alright, everything is alright but still not conceiving Can I get an advice on this?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th Feb it was not sex but I touched my penis with her vagina without using condom Her periods are delayed by 5 days (now 24 March) in between we had unprotected sex for a while but I did not ejaculated and after then used condom on (18th March) but she took I-pill within 6 hours. I also took a Viagra before sex. As I can remember there was no Pre- ejaculation. Is she pregnant?
My wife's period date is 7th of month but this time period is not coming and I was checked urine test for pregnancy but that test was negative then what is the reason why periods are not coming give me reason.
I am 33 year old. Having too much hair loss. Having a problem of PCOD. Kindly tell me to cure this issue.
I had sex without protection. My partner did not cum inside me though. Do I need to take an ipill? I do not have any medical conditions. I have thyroid n I take eltroxin for it on a daily basis.
Hi. I am 25 year girl and had unprotected sex. Within 24 hours I took i-pill. In 5-6 days my menstrual period was about to come and I had menstrual cramps also in these days but had bleeding very less (2-3) drops. After that no bleeding happened. Kindly tell me what should have happened? and send suggestions.
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife and I could not conceive for over a year now. We have a eight year old daughter. I have normal sex life. What test can I get to see if all is well.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.