Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V. P. GundechaYour feedback matters!
Sit I have a problem from 7 day on head so many times on head a day so what I do do this I m consulting a doctor he suggest me to go ct scan and which is normal.
I am 19 years old and I have problem of sneezing for almost 10 years now. What I can do to increase my immunity to overcome sneezing?
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.
I have a son of 6 months old. He not passing stool every day since 2 months. He is not crying. .taking food .but passing stool for every 4 or 5 days that too when glycerin suppositories are used. Is it a big problem? Kindly help.
I have asthma problem. At times I go breathless. And im trying to conceive in the same time. Im looking for homeopathic medicines. Please help me out.
How to solve the problem of erection dysfunction. By medicine or by exercising please help. My age is 36 years.
Stress fractures are small cracks that may appear in a bone. It occurs due to repetitive application of force in the same area. It is very common among various sports such as running, tennis and football. It may also occur due to osteoporosis as this disorder weakens the bones and allows stress fractures to occur easily.
The majority of stress fractures occur due to overuse of a specific muscle. The bones and the muscles used in a specific movement do not get time to recover, thus leading to stress fracture.
Causes: The major cause of stress fracture is change in physical activity, such as a sudden increase in exercise. The other factors that may lead to stress fracture are -
- Poor conditioning: If you are starting an exercise regimen without proper preparation, then it may cause stress on the muscles. It is important that you condition your body before doing any intense activity to prevent injuries.
- Bone insufficiency: Various disorders such as osteoporosis reduces bone strength and increases the likelihood of a stress fracture. If you have low bone density then you are at a higher risk of having stress fractures.
- Change in surface: Change in surface like shifting from running on grass to road tends to cause more stress on the legs, thus increasing the likelihood of a fracture.
- Improper form: Performing any exercise with improper form may lead to a number of injuries. It is recommended to learn the correct technique before exercising, so you may use a spotter or a trainer to guide you.
The symptoms of a stress fracture are:
- Pain: You may experience dull to severe pain if you have stress fractures. The severity of pain will depend on the severity of the fracture.
- Swelling: Pain may be accompanied by swelling on the sides and the top of the foot.
- Tenderness: Stress fractures may cause tenderness in the muscles around the affected area.