Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V. G. ShahYour feedback matters!
I have this problem of stammering. I talk normally while speaking to friends. But an in known person or in a gathering I stammer. Wat can I do? Any medication?
I am not feeling well. I am suffering for fever how to prevent from it and I am facing a problem which tablets I have to use.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly affected. Most of these infections are caused transmission through the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
- Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. The collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
- Redness and swelling of the eardrum: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
- Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear by a perforation that develops ear drum, which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
- The patient might also experience increased irritability.
- Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
- Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
- After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However, in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
- In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done. Treating nasal infections plays a very important part in preventing ear infections
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.