Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UravashiYour feedback matters!
Hi Actually I got my last periods on 6-11 april On 12 nd 13 I had an unprotected sex As ovulation takes 12to 14 days so at tht time I did not take a pill Again on 4th may a I had an unprotected sex And this month I skipped my periods On test I found positive results I do not want to b pregnant How can I abort Please help.
I am 19 years old, suffering from stomach pain in periods time so what I want to ask is using tablets and injections during periods will it effect at pregnancy time?
Sir my gf is 25 years old. She is virgin. She has a problem when her periods ends after 10 or 15 days some fluid comes out from her vagina regularly. Sir we both are in tense because of this. Now sir what is the solution for it?
Sir, we used to do sex without protection, my partner release outside, we are doing it since from 1 1/2 years. And successful. Does it good way?
I am 26 year girls and my periods is not regular due to poly cystic ovary. Period is come after 4 month or 6 month.
I am 26 years female and I am unmarried I am not having my period from last 2 months and also gaining weight.
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.
My vagina smells but doesn't itch me, please what's the cause of this and I'm always experiencing pain during sex with my fiancée, Definitely not my first time. First time was 6 months ago, pls what's happening? Is this Normal?
Hi i am 26 year old married i had got my periods on 24 th January and lasted for 3 days on.First and third day of period i had unprotected sex and on.14th February i had unprotected sex what are my chances of pregnancy and i never have irregular periods
I have sex without any protection with my wife after twenty days of menses, have chance to got pregnancy in this time?
My LMP date is 8th Jan16 and my pregnancy test is positive. I was on thyroxine sodium tablets of 62.5 MCG since last 1-2 years or so. On 6th feb test result showed my TSH as 6.2. I am not able to consult my doctor as of now. So, I had increased the dosage to 100mcg on my own (since 6th feb). please suggest if this is the correct dosage and if it is not the correct dosage then what should be my course of action now?
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.