Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh PhalkeYour feedback matters!
Sir, i'm 50 years old male, feeling numbness in hands and pain on top of head, cervical problem too. Help me please.
I got injury in spinal cord. Does it will make any problem. In future. Does it may problem for my sex life?
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My tailbone hurts when I sit down with my back straight. I didnt have any fall or injury. I'm 37yo. Please advise.
I am 26 years old. Last one week I am having back pain. And feeling like something is got strucked inside neck. Due that more time I am taking breathing via mouth. If I am breathing by noise I am getting some pain. And headache is there. Little pain in left side chest and some time I am feeling like my heart rate is faster. Sleeping is also not regular. Used to sleep at midnight 2 r 3 and wakeup at 6 r 5.Before 3 days I got faster heart beat and shivering. Then sweating. I want to know the reason why its like that.
I am a heart patient and had angiography done 3 years back. I am continuously taking medicines. I felt back pain on the right side but not constant and moves on shoulder right hand and while turning head towards right feels pain. And the pain keeps moving. I consulted a cardio who advised to take sorbitrate when pain comes and if not subsided, to take ultracet 1-1. I had apple pain relief gels for 2 - 3 days but no relief. Kindly advice.
Hello Doctor, I am 24 year old man I have teeth cavity and back pain problem what should I do please tell me.
I'm 27 year old male and I felt sometimes headache when I get hungry and sometimes I felt knee pain too hard. I use use several type of ointment and tablets but it last for hour and get started. The pain will last for 24hr and relieve automatically. After some days the pain started again. Suggest me how do I do.
When walking on the road a stone hit my head because of speeding car and on the right side of my head above my right ear it started bleeding. Bleeding stopped same day. The bruise is not big. Now its dried but my head keeps hurting. Should I need to do a scan or mri.
I am 21 years old. I'm suffering from acute back ache since last week. I took several medicines but they didn't reduce my pain. What should I do now?
My mother is suffering from ankle ache since six months. Doctors advices her for injection but some doctors are saying not to take injections. She is also having regular physiotherapy, but there is no relief. What to do? Please help me.
I am 45 years old and have been suffering from gout for the past 4 days. I have taken a medicine goutnil but still the problem has not been solved completely. Can you suggest some quicker healing.
I continuously have back ache and head ache for past 2 years. consulting many Doctors the only reply I get is its because of not getting rest. What is the reason and solution.?
I am 69 years, and CAD patient with multiple blocks and under medical line of of treatment for more than 20 years. I also have CERVICAL spondylitis with mild compression. Food intake is normal, non diabetic. For last one year I am getting pain between wrist to arm joint, some times it is very severe. I have been recommended to use pain spray. It gives relief, occasionally I use SALONPAS PAIN RELIEVING PATCH which is very helpful. On many occasions the pain radiates to shoulder joint, back, neck and ears. Occasionally I take SORBITRATE 5 mg. Recommended by cardiologist. I get faster relief from this Tablet. I brought to the notice of the CARDIOLOGIST and also ORTHO SURGEON, who advised me to take the same and no harm will come even if I take more than 2 to 3 tablets. This will protect and act as pain killer and as well protect the HEART. Normally there will be no sweating, no chest pain during such occasions. Unless it is very hot and poor air circulation in the area. On such occasions if I am driving, I will stop and relax for few minutes and try to get plenty fresh air. Most of the time I get relief without grabbing SORBITRATE TAB. Other wise I will have the TAB for relief. I am not able to go for Medium or Long walking because I get NECK PAIN and rest for few minutes gives relief. Sometimes I get pain while taking food in a group. MY QUESTION is why I get such pain but get relief after brief rest with plenty of fresh air or tablet? I may also add that I avoid gulping SORBITRATE at sign of the PAIN. I shall be glad to have honest answer to my question why the pain appears while changing the gears--motor car turning steering wheel, occasionally.
I am 24 year boy and I am graduate also I have problem. Of back pain so sir what should I do pleasegive me proper advise.
The sciatic nerve spreads down the spine till the legs. The pain in this nerve can feel like sparks running down your leg (by and large only each one in turn) or cause pain in the lower back. Anything that puts weight on or aggravates this nerve can cause pain that shoots down the back of one butt cheek or thigh. The amount of pain can increase gradually. Sciatica may feel like a gentle ache, a sharp sensation or extreme uneasiness. Sciatica can bring feelings of shivering, numbness and weakness.
Sitting, standing up, coughing, sneezing, lifting, or straining for a very long time, might aggravate pain. Now and then, individuals experience numbness or shivering in the leg, too.
Some of the most regular symptoms of sciatic pain include:
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the back or leg when sitting
- Hip pain
- Burning sensation in the leg
- Numbness or trouble moving the leg or foot
- Continuous pain on one side of the back
- Shooting pain that makes it hard to stand up properly
The most common causes of sciatic pain include:
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal channel in the lower back)
- Degenerative disk sickness (breakdown of discs, which go about as pads between the vertebrae)
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips over another)
- Muscle spasms
Some of the most effective exercises for sciatic pain relief are as follows:
- Pigeon Pose is a typical yoga posture. It attempts to open the hips. There are various types of this stretch. The first is the leaning back pigeon posture. If you are beginning your treatment, you have to attempt the leaning back posture first.
- While on the back, raise your right leg up to a right point and hold it with both hands behind the thigh and lock your fingers. Take your left leg and touch your lower leg against the knee. Hold the position for a minute.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched straight before you. At that point twist your right leg, putting your lower right leg on top of the left knee. Bend forward and incline your abdominal area toward your thigh. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds and after that switch sides.
- Kneel down on the floor on all fours. Get your right leg and bring it forward so that your lower leg is on the ground. Your right foot has to be ahead your right knee while your right knee stays to one side. Stretch the left leg out the distance behind you on the floor, with the top of the foot on the ground and toes pointing backwards.
- Lie on your back with your legs facing outward and your feet flexed upward.
Wrap your hands around your knee and delicately pull your right leg over your body toward your left shoulder. Hold it there for 30 seconds and afterward push your knee so your leg comes back to its initial position. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.