Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar SahastrabuddheYour feedback matters!
I am 32 y old .i am getting throat pain and dry cough since last 15 days. Taken clavam625 1-0-1 8 tablet with cough syp but nt getting relief. Pain in the night more and not able to index food. I try Hexdine for mouth wash nt getting benefited. Kindly advice medicine or course of treatment.
Mera gala kharab rahta h caugh aata rahta h or nose kabhi bhi dry nhi rahta or meri aankhe (eye) me pani sa aata h or chhati (chest) bhari (big) rahti h. Kya mujhe elergy ho sakti h. Mujhe upayee btao ji. Kuch parhej rakhnaa h khane pine ka koe medisine bhi batao m pareshan hu doctors.
My wife is having cough, cold, sore throat (burning sensation) and fatigue. Just want to confirm if its viral or dengue or something else? What medicines to take? Please tell me.
Hi My sister is 3 years old. Par use 2 ya 3 month k baad cough or cold ho jata hai. Hmare yahan doctor ne use pump diya hai aur vo bhi 1 year tak use karne k liye .plz tell me munjhe kya karna chahiye. Asthma use nahi hai. Kya 1 year tak pmp use karne se use permanently pmp to nai lag jaiga.
Hi sir this is 27 yr old male suffering from chronic dry cough from last 3 months used many cough syrups and prescribed medication but not yet completely cured its still processing and subsiding kindly help me out.
Dear sirs, I have to ask for an important opinion. The details are as follows: 1. It was 60 yrs back (1957) when my friend was only 18 yrs (weight 54kgand height 175cm) and had heavy bleeding from mouth and was diagnosed a case of broncactasis. He had some heavy strain on previous day i. E. Running for about 4-5 km on hot day. The bleeding was for only 1 or 2 days. It was alright after some antibiotics injections and rest for about month. 2. There was no problem for 5 yrs. Again in 1963, there was bleeding from mouth but not so heavy. It continued for few days i. E. Blood in sputum. After few days of hospitalization and antibiotics, and rest it was alright. 3. There was no trouble at all for next 50 yrs (from 1963 to 2010). 4. He is now normal weight for his height. 5. Got tested for t. B. Several time over last 50-60 yrs but no t. B. 6. For last 4-5 (till 2013) yrs, he started getting blood in sputum, once in a while which lasts for 4-5 days and then o. K. For months. He takes antibiotics for few days but homeopathic drugs regularly. 7. Sputum tests on regular intervals now indicate no infections (since last one yr) though earlier (during 2010-13) he was getting psedonomas infection in sputum test, which was cured by antibiotics. 8. Problem: now the problem has escalated. Though no infection has been found in sputum, the frequency of blood in sputum has increased. It is now almost every month for 4-5 days, which gets perfectly cured and the sputum is clear, though he gets regular? phelgem? from lungs which is mostly white in colour. Next month again same problem. 9. X-ray chest several time. Shows clear chest. 10. He is not on any regular allopathic medicine but on homeopathic medicines on regular basis, for last 5-6 yrs. Even homeopathic medicine also not working very effectively now. Nasal spray? fluticone-ft, bd helps a little. 11. Question: what are the remedies. Is it curable by medicines or is it fait accompli. How life threatening is this situation. Thankyou
Off all TB paient in world every fourth patient is Indian.
There are 2.5 lack deaths due to TB in India.
TB is comletly preventable and cureble if traeted properly.
Symtoms of TB are cough.Evening rise of fever,wt loss,decresed appetide,weakness. Chest pain and sometimes blood in sputum.
There are about 80,000 TB patient who are of multiple drug resistance as per WHO projection but only about 1700 are reported in India.
Treatment of TB is usualy for 6 months,but MDR treatment is for 18- 24 months.
Treatment cost of TB is around Rs 500/in fresh case but may exceed a lack rupees for MDR.
It is contagious.
I am 17 years old & I am suffering from severe cold & a lots of cough (mucus) gets gathered in my mouth. This is happening since last five years. Please suggest me about to clear this cough i.e the mucus & how to prevent closing of nose & also how to get permanently rid of this mucus. Please doctor help me. Will eating honey will do? & also what will be the cause of it? Please dear doctor?
I have little son equal to 3 years old but sometime he is suffering from cough so he cant sleep easily because he cant take breath easily please give me best suggestion.
My Dad has been diagnosed with ILD (interstitial Lungs Disease) ,he is 61 years of age, he is coughing frequently and taking some treatment but I haven't noticed any improvement, I am really worried about him and want him to be fit and fine quickly at any cost ,Please help me to suggest doctors or treatment bestest in nasik best doctor or in pune but dad stays in Nasik ,Please help me as I do not know what to do.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
From two days l suffering fever and l also have cough l go to family doctor but there is no effect, then tell me what to do?
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.