Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tushar Gadkari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar GadkariYour feedback matters!
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
Related Tip: Treating Sinusitis with Ayurveda ?
I had my last periods on 18th october. I had an unprotected sex on the 17th day & I took unwanted 72 within 8 hrs, now I am vomiting today, what is the cause of this vomit, am I getting pregnant? Or it's a side effect of Unwanted 72?
Mornings are the most important part of your day. Usually many people feel depressed or sad in the mornings offcourse based on certain conditions which may have occurred the previous day. The objective of reciting five positive affirmations sets your mind on positivity which helps you to release positive chemicals in the brain. Your five positive affirmations can be recited in a meditative state where you are focusing or repeatedly saying these affirmations in your mind before starting your day. Let these five positive affirmations be your positive exercise for the mind.
My tsh value is 5.87 against 0.3 -5.5 so wat should be the dose of thyronorm should I take as I have irregularity with my period t3 and t4 are normal in range. Please tell me.
Lmp 27/09/2017, ovulation 11/10/2017 (on day 15th), today dpo 21 My doubt when I take hpt, to get positive result.
Sir maine apni gf ke sath 17 feb ko sex kiya th or 26 feb ko period ho gye. Sir uske bad meri gf ne peganesw se pregnancy test kya jo ki negative aaya sir meri gf ko abhi tk period nhi hye hai kya meri gf pregnant hai ya nhi 2 bar check kr chuke hai sir results negative hai. Or aaj 14maye ho gai h period not come.
Me and my girlfriend are ready for the sex she is 17 and I am 19 years old would she will be pregnant if I does sex will she will be pregnant now doctor we love each other alot I forces her to have sex I am virgin and she is to a virgin we both are scared what we should do doctor.
Are you thinking of undergoing an Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment for its various health benefits? In Panchakarma treatment, five procedures are undertaken for eliminating the vitalized doshas from the body. The five procedures form the basic types of Vasti. Vasti is considered to be the primary Panchakarma treatment and it refers to medicated enema. As the medicine reaches the bowels directly without any enzymatic actions, this therapy is very effective.
Types of Vasti
Vasti is carried out along with other Ayurvedic treatments in many cases. Vasti has a great healing capability and is considered to be the half treatment for many diseases. The treatment is primarily used for flushing out loosened doshas from the body via the intestinal tract. In Ayurveda, there are several types of Vasti or medicated enemas. Here is a list of the most common vastis in Ayurveda along with their various benefits:
- Uttara Vasti: Uttara Vasti or Urobasti is a herbal oil treatment therapy, which is used as a part of Panchakarma therapy for the treatment of muscular chest pain. Problems such as pain in the sternum, intense anxiety, chest pain and many others are cured by this form of vasti. It also helps in restoring normal skin elasticity.
- Kashaya Vasti: This is a type of vasti in which heat gets applied to a specific part of the body. It is done by retaining warm and medicated oils. A dam, made of herbal dough, gets built in the area which is affected and oil is poured. The oil is left there, which rejuvenates the body by easing the pain, swelling and tension. This therapy also helps in getting relief from acute and chronic back pain, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, osteoporosis and a prolapsed disc. Sciatica pain is relieved and pain in intervertebral disc prolapsed is reduced as well. The nerves get stimulated, easing pain and numbness. This vasti is also prescribed for treating rheumatoid arthritis, lumbosacral strain and disc bulge.
- Sneha Vasti or oil enema: In Sneha Vasti, only medicated oils or ghrithams are used unlike in other vastis, where a combination of various ingredients with predominant decoctions are used.
Vasti treatment accounts for being the most effective Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. It helps in alleviating constipation, distention, chronic fever, sexual disorders, kidney stones, common cold, neck pain, backache, vomiting and acidity. There are more than 80 disorders which are related to Vata, many of which are treated with Vasti therapy. These may include sciatica, rheumatism, arthritis and gout.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!