Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwarnaYour feedback matters!
My friend who is 22 years old have irregular period. Last time she had period on 3-4 march and till now her period did not come. She always has irregular period problem. Some time she has period every month and some time in every two month. Pls give your opinion. Thnx.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of our body. They are found in the blood, tissues, organs and immune system. These powerful stem cells are found in umbilical cord blood. They have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves and differentiate into specialized cells, thus they can replace diseased cells and can be used for the treatment of life threatening diseases.
What is umbilical cord and why is it so awesome?
Throughout the pregnancy, the umbilical cord functions as a lifeline between mother and baby. It carries rich nutrients, oxygenated blood from placenta to the developing baby through the umbilical vein. The baby in turn pumps nutrient-depleted, deoxygenated blood back to the placenta through umbilical arteries. Yes it’s reverse! Umbilical cord is a rich source of cord blood and cord tissue stem cells. Stem cells have a unique ability to differentiate into functional cells which can help treat more than 80 diseases in the baby after birth. According to the WHO report, minimum 2000 Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplants are performed annually to cure diseases such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassaemia, cerebral palsy, myeloma, lymphoma and more. More than 35000 cord blood stem cell transplants have already been performed worldwide and 53% of cord blood transplants have been performed in children. (World Cord Blood Congress 2015 Report)
5 unique qualities that make umbilical cord blood banking so convenient and important.
Umbilical cord blood banking is the process of collecting and preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells for future medical uses.
1. Collecting umbilical cord stem cells is a quick and easy procedure and painless for the mother and baby.
2. Stem cells from the umbilical cord blood are young and unexposed to the external environment, thus they can be transplanted with higher chances of acceptance in the patient body.
3. The therapeutic potential of umbilical cord stem cells is vast. These stem cells are already being used to treat more than 80 life threatening diseases.
4. Cord blood stem cells are genetically unique and exclusive. If your family has a history of complex diseases, like: Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart disease and stroke, chances of your children inheriting them are higher. These life threatening diseases can be cured with cord blood. All the more reason why you should opt for preservation of cord blood stem cells.
5. Umbilical cord stem cells if preserved are readily available in case of emergency for the baby and family. This ensures that in situations of crisis, you wouldn't have to spend months or years finding a donor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Meri sadi ko 20 din huye h jab mai sex karta hun to meri wife ko bahut pain hota h jisse mai sex nahi kar pata hun 20 din ke baad bhi wife ko pain hota h. Sex karne ka unka man rahta h lekin pain ke wajah se sex nahi ho pata h.
It is a very good source of vitamin k.
It contains a good amt. Of alpha lipoic acid (antioxidants) which decreases blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
We can consume spinach in many ways. Spinach salad is rich in nutrition & provides adequate amounts of fibre & essential vitamins to the body.
Boiled spinach is good for skin & hair. It provides vitamin a to the body.
Spinach can be cooked with lentils (dal) to make a high protein tasty dish.
Spinach soup is also very healthy. It is easy to digest & keeps your digestion healthy. It is very good for constipation & for post op. Patients.
Caution- it should be washed properly before use. In monsoon it is better to avoid spinach.
- Vata diseases.
- Dryness of the body.
- Neuro muscular & skeletal diseases.
- Preparation for detoxification therapy (Vaman and virechana). Oleation (snehana) – Internal is carried out as singular therapeutic measure for many diseases but in majority of the cases it is done as preparatory treatment for shodhana therapy (Vaman and virechana)
Oleation (Snehana) – Internal is carried out mainly with the help of medicated ghee selected accordingly to the disease & dosha condition in gradually increasing doses after assessing the agni. At times combination of various other material like oil, ghee, vasa, majja or their combinations are used. There are two methods for internal oleation:
- Acchha sneha. Where a sneha drug (Ghee or other) is directly ingested without any addition except a pinch of saindhava.
- Vicharana sneha. In this case the sneha is mixed with some or other food & eaten or it is taken by some other route than oral route
Before The oleation (snehana) – internal has to be taken on empty stomach if it is to be used for shodhana therapy. The patient should have taken his last food atleast 10 hrs prior to snehapan. After Patient is advised to have only warm water after snehapan (normaly ghee). If other material is used for snehana then accordingly various soups are to be used. Patient is not supposed to have anything except hot water until he still has the smell of the ghee in his eructation. Food should be consumed only when patients feel hungry. Heavy, very spicy & junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- Oleates the body.
- Moisturizes the entire body from within outside.
- Improves the elasticity of the body.
- Increases the mobility of the all the systems.
- Alleviates the vata.
- Reduces the pains, aches from the muscle & adjoining skeletal system.
- Dislodges the toxins of the body & helps in bringing to the GI tract.
The oleation (snehana) – Internal should not be carried out without consultation. Should not be used in the patient with intolerance without testing. The doses has to be increased gradually.
There are many treatments available to combat the aging effects of the sun, from creams to peels to lasers. Plus, reducing the signs of sun damage can reduce your risk of developing skin cancer.
The sun and the years take their toll on your skin. Photo ageing is often the first sign that your skin has been damaged, but such repeated exposure can also lead to skin cancer. Luckily, many of the treatments for photo ageing not only restore skin youthful appearance, they also reduce your risk for developing skin cancers and pre cancers.
There are many non-surgical options offered to people who would like to look younger.
1) Creams – Sunscreens, Retinoids.
2) Injectables – Such as Dermal Fillers, Muscle Relaxers.
3) Skin Surface Treatments – Including Chemical Peels and Dermaroller / Micro Needling.
4) Laser, IPL and other heat treatments.
If you don’t wear a sunscreen every day, today is the day to start. Daily application of sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher- whether on its own, or in a moisturizer – will prevent additional damage to your skin. Also, studies have shown that daily use of sunscreen can actually reduce the existing number of actinic keratoses – abnormal skin eruptions or pre cancers that can lead to skin cancer.
Retinoids have been a breakthrough discovery for the treatment of photo aged skin. Synthetic derivatives of Vitamin A, they can improve discoloration of the skin, degeneration of elastic tissue, and fine wrinkling by enhancing naturally occurring production of collagen and elastic fibers. In addition to giving skin back its youthful appearance, retinoids can inhibit tumor growth, decrease inflammation, and enhance the immune system. Continuing use of retinoids can reduce the number and size of actinic keratoses. Currently, two retinoids are available for treatment of photo ageing: (1) Tretinoin (2) Tazarotene. Note that retinoids can irritate the skin and cause dryness and photo sensitivity – an extreme sensitivity to the sun. They are available by prescription only.
Lunch Time Lifts
The “Lunch Time Face Lift” promises a younger, better-looking you with no surgery, no general anaesthetic and no down time. While “Lunch Time” and “Face Lift” may be a bit of a stretch, these days it’s increasingly possible to take a few years off your face in a day clinic without the expense, pain and temporary disappearance from public life associated with surgery.
INJECTABLES Dermal / Skin Fillers
Filling substances are injected under facial skin to round out contours and correct wrinkles, furrows and hollows. A number of substances are currently used as fillers, including bovine collagen, hyaluronic acid, polymer implants, and the patient’s own (autologous) fat. To maintain the effects of bovine collagen and autologous fat, the procedure needs to be repeated periodically.Many of these treatments can be used in conjunction with one another to produce younger-looking. It is important to consult with a licensed dermatologist to discuss treatment options, as many of these treatments can cause damage in inexperienced hands
Rather than just smoothing or tightening skin, they can change the facial profile to a more youthful one.
Hyaluronic acid is now more popular. Hyaluronic acid lasts 6-12 months – although treating areas of the face that move less will last longer those that move more, such as the lips – and you tend to get better results with each treatment. There’s evidence that hyaluronic acid injections can also have a more permanent anti-ageing effect by stimulating collagen growth.
Botulinum toxin A temporarily paralyses muscles when injected. This prevents the skin above from creasing up and causing wrinkles. It only works on so-called expression lines, such as frown (vertical) lines and surprise (horizontal) lines on the forehead, smoothing them and preventing them from becoming more pronounced. The effects take a few days to kick in, and initially last a few months – longer after continued treatment.Read more…
Liquid Face Lift / Liquid Facial
Combined use of botulinum toxin A and dermal fillers is called a Liquid Face Lift / Liquid Facial.
Acid, such as glycolic acid, lactic acid or trichloracetic acid, is applied to the skin and exfoliates the top layer of skin, causing dead skin cells to peel off. At stronger concentrations, new tighter skin forms as collagen production is stimulated in response to the wounding. It helps reducing fine lines, small scars, discoloration and sun damaged skin. The stronger the peel, the more dramatic and longer-lasting the results – stronger peels (concentrations of more than 30%) are better left to medical professionals rather than beauticians.
The benefits can last for two years for stronger peels, although it depends on the strength of acid used (which determines how deep the peel is). These days a course of several milder peels, rather than one strong peel, is common. Milder peels may require top-up peels every few months.Read more…
Dermaroller / Micro Needling
Dermarollers are used for a treatment process called micro-needling or skin needling. It is a form of collagen induction therapy. The actual dermaroller is made up of a small, solid wheel attached to a little stick that propels it backwards and forwards across your face in small sections. The roller is covered with hundreds of minuscule ‘micro-medical’ needles that penetrate the skin, creating lots of tiny micro injuries.Read more…
Intense Pulsed Light
Intense pulsed light, commonly abbreviated as IPL, is a technology used by medical practitioners to perform various skin treatments including hair removal and photo rejuvenation. The technology utilizes a broad spectrum light source, with a general spectral range of 515 to 1200 nm. Various cutoff filters are commonly used to filter out lower frequencies and narrow this spectrum to target specific structures and chromophores. Because of the broad spectrum of the IPL light source they are unique, as opposed to lasers, in the ability to filter the light spectrum to target various chromophores in the skin
I did my pregnancy test in morning morning around 11 O'clock. Second urine. And it was negative. I don't miss any period but my period wasn't proper. This was in March. But in April I got proper bleeding. And 5 days period on expected date. Any chances of me being pregnant? Q2. Period after having sex is obviously not proper right? I had sex in Feb. March was improper and in April I had proper one. So no chance of pregnancy right? I don't have any sex in april. Just scared.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.