Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapna LimayeYour feedback matters!
I got my first periods at the age of 12. From that day till now my periods are irregular but if if I start working outs I get periods regularly. My symptoms before one week from the date periods starts, I get nipple pain, dizziness, tiredness and especially crave for spicy foods. I have hair thinning issues too from the age of 15. Can you please help me find a solution?
I am 31years old n my reports n my hubys reports r normal but I unable to conceive as have taken 3 Months medication 6years completed of marriage aage kya karuu please bataye.
I have a baby girl of 5 yrs. At the time of delivery I have faced a heavy bleeding problem. There was no chance to survive. But after that l have no problem till now. Can I take 2nd issue. That incident may repeat again. Is it?
Hello doctor actuually I got my last periods on 11 feb 2015 . I missed my periods on March 11 . But I got little amount of periods on mar 15 for 2 days. I checked thru home pregnancy kit but the result is negative. In 42 the day I checked blood test the result is 100 mlU/ml. I want to know that I'm pregnant or not
Sir, My wife is 8th month pregnant. She is suffering from coughgetting more cough evening and night time. Consult the doctor says use one capsule of rotacaps whenever you get cough and takes medicine on evening time before going to bed. After taken the rotacap feels better. Will this affect my baby? What am I supposed to do?
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
There could be complications such as respiratory failure, respiratory arrest or congestive heart failure
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl 40 kg weight. I am finding light bleeding (brown in color sometimes even red in color) for the past 10 days after 5 days of the completion of my periods. Also there is little back pain. Is there any abnormality.
Painful menstrual cramps is a condition during periods in which a woman or girl has crampy lower abdominal pain, sharp or aching pain that comes and goes, or the pains which radiates to lower back and thighs. In some women or girl the cramps are associated with nausea, loose stools, headache and dizziness. Many women or girls have painful menstrual cycles.
During menstrual cycles, the uterus tries to expel out its lining and a hormone called progesterone is responsible for the uterine muscle contraction. The more the prostaglandin level, more painful the cramps.
Sometimes the pains are moderate to severe making it hard to do normal household work, job, or school-related activities during each menstrual cycle. Painful periods or menstruation is the leading cause of absence from school and work among women in their teens and 20s.
In medical terms it is called as 'Dysmenorrhea.'
There are two categories of Dysmenorrhea.
Primary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that occurs around the time that menstrual periods first begin in healthy young women. In most cases, it is not related to a specific problem with the uterus or other pelvic organs.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that develops later in women who have had normal periods. It is often related to problems in the uterus or other pelvic organs, like
Intrauterine device (IUD)
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Home remedies to manage the Menstrual Cramps-
Take a hot water bag and give hot fermentation to lower abdomen, lower back or thighs
Do light circular massage with your fingertips around your lower belly area.
Eat light but frequent meals.
Healthy nutritional diet is a great help
Side lying position with knee folded helps to relieve the pain
Take warm showers or baths.
Walk or exercise regularly, including pelvic rocking exercises
Loose weight if overweight
When to consult a doctor?
Severe pain associated with nausea/ vomiting
Increased or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Sudden or severe pain, especially if your period is more than one week late and if sexually active
No relief with routine medications
If intrauterine device (IUD) is inserted
Heavy bleeding with clots
Pain occurs at times other than menstruation, begins more than 5 days before period, or continues after period is over.
I have 4-5 times sex with my boyfriend. Now my marriage final with someone else. He is also good. Pl guide me. Is their any problem
Hi, I have cyst onto my ovary. I am taking medicines for irregular cycles since 8 months. From last month m taking tablets to conceive. My LMP is 24-11-2016. M suffering from severe itching all over my body .wat shd I do? Is this due to powerful tablets of pregnancy. Shd I continue the medicine n wait for next few days.
Hi I am 29 years old n my wife is 23 years old past 8 months we got married and my question is past 6month my wife did pregnant abortion . Now we are trying to have baby but still not got pregnant pls suggest me.
Getting married, we are planning our first baby after 6 year. Which is the safest way to do it? Pills are not safe for my partner I guess then what 6 year with help of balloon (condom) I don't like it :(
World Health Day - 7-Apr'17
The theme of the day is: Depression: Let’s Talk.
Depression- Common symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness/low feeling.
- Sleep disturbance
- Decreased appetite.
- Not interested in daily activities.
- Lack of intrest in surrounding.
- Decreased decision power.
- Guilt feeling,,feeling worthless.
- depression can lead to suicidal tendencies, commonly in adolescent and young adults. As well as in-old people .
- Due to social stigma less than 50% of of DEPRESSION Patients seek medical help.
Remember Depression can be treated with modern medicines and supportive measures like exercise/yoga/pranayam/medication/psychotherapy.