Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SupriyaYour feedback matters!
I am frequently getting upper respiratory infection. Now I have frequent cough and also flum come out (flum white in color) when I cough. Recently I did culture test of sputum. They said little infection is there on the lungs. What action/medicine you suggest doctor.
Http://www. Malaivelsiddhahospital. Com/hsv. Html He says that Genital Herpes is curable. Is it real? Can we trust this? He was showing the reports as well in this site (before treatment and after treatment). Can any one suggest me in this regards. Thank You.
Post preganancy I am overwieght with10 kgs. I had c-sec and now its going to be an year. I am also having vit d deficiency due to which I have pains in the knee and feet. Please help me loosing weight.
Hi my name is ganesh I am suffering from severe headache so that please so that you can do the you have to give solution you have to go further.
Dear Dr. I am 25 years old girl. I want to know whether there is a permanent treatment for pcos. Can a girl with pcos become a mother. Is this problem common these days in girl. Is this a very big problem and will there be any problem in conceiving.
Hi, I'm 28 years Male patient. I've been having hot flashes (mostly in the evening) since last few days. But thermometer shows temperature below 99. Recent health conditions/ reports:- 1. Fatty liver 2. Lymphocytes - 3.34 (Range 1.0 - 3.0) 3. MCHC - 30.7 (Range 31.5 - 34.5) 4. PLCR - 16% (Range 19.7 - 42.4)
Hello sir/madam. Sometimes I feel blood spots in my stool during bowel moments and I feel itching in my buthole too. Which is irresistible. Pls provide an early solution and guidance to this. Thank you.
Im a migraine patient from 4years im taking treatment but mujhe ek puchna hai jab bhi main ghahri neend main sota hoon mujhe paralise jaise hota hain mera demag chalta or body kaam nhi karti main jor jor se jhatke deneki koshish karta hoon phir kuch seconds baad mera sharir phirse helne lagta hain yeh jo mujhe hora hain sirf ghehri neend main hota hain aisa q? Or thandi main he hota hain 4salo se please solve my question and tell me konsi bimari ho sakti hain plz.
I have a lot of problem in my head. The headache doesnt allow me to sleep properly I have a lot oglf problems have to save.
My father is suffering from diabetes due to this disease my father's weight is loss my father's hand and legs are become thin so which food is requires for him so he gain some weight.
My 11 months she is having cough from last 2 days and running nise as well giving Kufril LS drops 3 times a day .How many days it will take to recover any precaution need to be taken?
Doctor I am 20 years old suffering from allergy rhinitis, symptoms including severe running nose, persistent sneezing, watery eyes etc, I consulted doctor he made absolute eosinophil count test, and the count was more than normal range, He prescribed antihistamines (levocetirizine and montelukast tablets), Probiotics, steroids,for 15 days, Even After using medicines, The symptoms Have been not reduced, The same worst condition, I tried to manage the symptoms in a lot of ways, But none of them worked, Then I started using levocetirizine and montelukast again even after (15 days) the duration for which the doctor prescribed with out consulting doctor ,This antihistamine works for 24 hrs, With out this medicine I can't socialize, This medicine given me allot of relief, and I can't see any allergy rhinitis symptoms when I use this medicine, Is it safe to use levocetirizine and montelukast for long duration? I am using this antihistamine since 6 months, Please doctor give your suggestions, Thanking you,
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.