Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Supriya Agashe
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya AgasheYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I am a 41 year old woman. I have thyroid problem since three years. I observe that when I get up early morning I develop under eye bags. Since six months I am observing that my right eye gets swollen when I get up and my left eye has an under eye bag. Do I have any eye problem kindly suggest.
Hi, I was having some problem in my eyes a month back. Itching, headache, dryness. After consulting was advise to use lotegate and ccs for a month. After a month i'm not facing such issue. Please advise some day to day use drop which can be of daily use to avoid such scenario.
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
- May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
- Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
- This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
Glaucoma: In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
- Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
- The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
- Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Ocular Migraine: This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
- Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems.
- Also occurs from regular migraines.
- It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
Retinal vascular occlusion: This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
- Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
- The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
- Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
- Caused from muscle disorders.
- Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes.