Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaniYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old. My right hand has the problem of lifting after an accident. A brachail plexus. But improving. Now I am using stimulator. Is this useful?
My age is 50 years. I am suffering from neck, shoulder pain which spreads to upper arms sometime. I also have lower back pain. Please provide some homeopathic medicine.
I am having an knee pain since one week It seemed to decrease after it has happened for 1 day, it's started paining again, I have even used some remedies but couldn't what should I do?
I'm 25 years old. My problem is back pain. This is for long time. Its mostly pain when I stand up or down for long time. I'm also a kidney stone patient. Pls give me suggest what should i do?
How can we prevent for back pain? I have a sitting job for at least 12 hrs. & I have a bad back pain. How can I cure it? Kindly help.
I m 22years old grl. I suffer backpain. About one month. I am faced backpain problem. Whn I sit n study. Wht should I do.
I am a 45 year male and have pain near my upper arm and shoulder while lying down or sleeping. Besides, I feel pain in my upper arm near shoulder while lifting my right arm sideways. I am suffering from cervical spondylitis for the last few years.
For your ready reference, I briefly describe my wife?s case. She is a 74-year- old housewife. She is a patient of chronic rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis and has been taking a steroid, wyslone 5 mg /day, for the last about 30 years and RISOFOC kit (calcium and vitamin D3) for osteoporosis for the last about two years. She has been taking other medicines also for hypertension (UDP 5 mg twice daily) diabetes (Glyson 5 mg thrice a day), high cholesterol (Zivast 20) etc. Now her BP and sugar levels are within the normal levels. She has terrible pain below the knee and above the ankle in the right leg and cannot walk. Her problem has been diagnosed as Rt side L5 radiculopathy and chronic steroid-induced neuropathy. An MRI done in Dec. 2014 showed L4-L5 Rt side foraminal compression. She has undergone a spine surgery on Dec. 29, 2014 and a transforaminal epidural injection at Rt side L5 level. Now she takes Lyrica 75 once every evening, tab Instrel ? thrice /day, tab Nexpro 20 twice /day, tab Rockbon once /day, and tab Mazetol 200 once in the morning, and tab Neurokind once at night. But there is no relief from the pain when she attempts to stand up and walk; there is no pain, however while she is in bed lying or sitting up. Please advise what can be done to alleviate the pain. Thanks for your attention and advice.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.